enfield help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    So i just got this enfield smle mk3 on trade and its missing a small piece, and while not a huge deal i would like to get the peice.

I'ts the little metal piece on the top forend part of the stock right behind the nose cap, i don't have that. I would like that. If anyone has one or can point me where to find one as i would rather not replace the whole thing due to mismatched stock color. Pic is the rifle, you can see where the little piece of metal goes.

thanks for the input.
    DSC00893.jpg

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    also, im just curious as to the kind of range i can expect out of this thing, even though i can only take it to the 100 yard range near by. I would love to know how far out it could tickle something.

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    As far as range goes, if your eyes are good, you can get 400-600 yard shots at man size targets (or 16 inch steel gongs). The .303 British round is not bad at all. It's effective beyond that range but the shots would be extremely difficult. As long as you have a good bore, you should be in good shape.

As far as the missing part, I'm not exactly sure what that's called, it more or less a hand guard retainer if I'm looking at what you say your missing correctly.
    The place I usually find what I'm missing at is www.buymilsurp.com Try this link and browse https://www.buymilsurp.com/british-lee-enfield-rifles-enfield-no-1-rifle-parts-c-3548_110_112.html

Also if you found out the exact name of the part you're missing, SARCO might be able to help you out. http://www.sarcoinc.com/l13.html

Good hunting.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    btw, some enfields don't do well at close range shooting. They improve out over 300 or so... so don't panic if your 100 yard groupings aren't impressive.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Actually, use this SARCO link, it's got pictures. You just need to narrow the search down to the No 1 Mk 3 parts.

http://e-sarcoinc.com/search.aspx?find=enfield

Is this it? Doesn't look that wide.

http://e-sarcoinc.com/le3outerband-leeenfield1mk3.aspx

not the peice, but they look like they have the equivilent piece for the no4 mk2, its called a "enfield No.1 MK3 Front Guard Screw Bushing"

any idea if that would fit my rifle anyone?

http://e-sarcoinc.com/no4mk1frontguardscrewbushing.aspx

if it fits, its a little 1.25 part.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I cant remember right off the bat, but I found a spike bayonet for mine for like $12 less than a year ago. if I rememeber the site, I'll post it up.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    the link i posted looks like the peice im missing right? i know its only $4 but before i order, I would like to be certain.

oh, and that would be awesome erazir!

Last edited:

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not 100% sure but I am 99% sure. I don't own that particular kind of Enfield, but I think it's what you're looking for.
    My Enfield was made in America so the parts are a bit different in name and shape. I hope it's what you're looking for. If any other Enfield owners could chime in that'd be perfect.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    I had it all wrong with the bushing, thats down in the frond of the trigger assembly.

nurich has the part im more sure this time!

front hand guard cap and the screws, a lil more pricey than i wanted so i will wait till the end of the year to make my order i suppose.

Last edited:

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    awesome! gonna have to wait. i ordered parts after i found my nose cap was also missing its screws. So i ordered all the little bits and pieces and probably wont be too happy about it until i get them on the rifle.

Heartless

I get off on the pain.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    I love those Enfields. I had one growing up as a kid, but my dad recently sold it at a gun show, apparently it was in poor shape or something. I use to shot deer with it and they would tumble. That sucker was heavy though. I always like the detachable magazine. To my knowledge they have great accuracy. I knew a guy with one that had been set up as a sniper rifle during WWII.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    awesome! gonna have to wait. i ordered parts after i found my nose cap was also missing its screws. So i ordered all the little bits and pieces and probably wont be too happy about it until i get them on the rifle.

Be careful screwing the cross screw back into it's place. That screw is frequently stripped out and lost. It doesn't have normal threads. They threads are VERY fine. It's almost always the screw that is buggered up not the nose piece. The nose piece, if my memory serves me, is a part that is numbered to the rifle.

Dave

Top Bottom