Engraving and CLEO sign off in West Monroe/Monroe area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paracord

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    West Monroe, LA
    Well as the title states I need a place that will engrave the lower in my area. Was wondering if anyone else up here has an sbr and knows of one. Also does anyone know if Sheriff Toney will sign? I'm 19, no criminal record what so ever either.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Also does anyone know if Sheriff Toney will sign?

Maybe, if you donated to his campaign fund last election.

You'd have better luck if you were in his "500 club", the people who donated at least $500. They get a free CCW course from SO and get to shoot the department machineguns at private BBQs held just for them at the range. They also get stickers to go on their cars so any deputy thinking about pulling them over knows who they are. These are just some of the reasons the FBI is currently investigating Toney.

I'd go the trust route.

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    You have to be 21 I'm going through this right now, I'm not even going to attempt a cleo sign off I'm going the trust route. Contacted Mark Garber for the trust he charges $600 flat fee for the trust. Definitely worth it considering what he his doing and the liability involved. You may be able to find someone cheaper but I prefer going through someone who specializes in nfa trust. If you are a member of a corporation or someone 21 years of age starts the trust and list you as a trustee, you can have possesion of the nfa items but until you turn 21 thats the only way!! I only have a month and a half left though:D

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Maybe, if you donated to his campaign fund last election.

You'd have better luck if you were in his "500 club", the people who donated at least $500. They get a free CCW course from SO and get to shoot the department machineguns at private BBQs held just for them at the range. They also get stickers to go on their cars so any deputy thinking about pulling them over knows who they are. These are just some of the reasons the FBI is currently investigating Toney.

I'd go the trust route.

Wasnt Royce Tony voted out? been out of town for a while. Who is this new guy and what is his view point? When will he take office.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    well that figures...

Yup. Fewell had some SERIOUS skeletons in his closet that got exposed, so he got run out of office. So Ouachita parish elected Toney, his second in command. Toney has his skeletons exposed and is run out of office, and Ouachita parish elects Russell, his second in command. I am very suspicious about how close the OPSO administration is with the registrar of voters in this parish.

Toney is supposed to hand the reigns over to Russell in June or July, I believe.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Yup LSP, Ouachita parish today is pretty much La Cosa Nostra for a select few; everyone else is fodder for them. The only reason I've stayed is because of my family. Once I'm the last I'm out of this banana republic.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I remember Royce Toney when he was a paid snitch for Metro Narcotics.

To have come so far, and then fall so hard...

OPSO used to be a real squared-away sheriff's office; they handled their own business, including wrecks on some state highways, and NEVER called us unless it was a huge CF that they might not be able to handle by themselves. The Manville picket lines was one such occasion, right there in beautiful downtown Bawcomville.

We had some good times up there. On dog shift, when you got tired of writing speeding tickets on I-20 (or just didn't feel like doing that), you could tune up the scanner and run with the deputies from call to call. Got to do a lot of real police work that way.

Different times, these days. Cameras (and computers!) in the unit, a Lo-Jack locator system, 800mHz radios- that don't work nearly as well as the old 39.3- but I guess the biggest difference is attitudes. And I had better not go there...

attitude.... no kidding opso has a few with something stuck up their butt, not all of them by any means but definitely a few. WMPD and State have always been pretty polite. MPD on the other hand they are on a whole other level of *******, with a few exceptions, and I mean few.

EDIT: I want to add that I have never been given a ticket by MPD or OPSO I'm not bitter about that if I was screwing up and get a ticket I deserve it. Just speaking about general encounters. Actually WMPD has the highest count with 2 ticket's (1x window tint 1x red light visible) and State with 1 (careless op, stupid teenager with a sportscar and brand new tire's learned that lesson $400 later) and they are the departments I prefer to deal with.

Last edited:

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    MPD on the other hand they are on a whole other level of *******, with a few exceptions, and I mean few.

Well, anything in Monroe government is going to be crap. The "postponed" council elections are just the most recent example. I've had more run ins with WMPD than I care to admit; mostly because of three particular kingshit officers. The rest of WMPD, at least in my experience, tend to be very professional.

Regarding OPSO, it's the ******* buddy system. There is a core group who can pretty well do what they want.

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I'm pretty sure I know those three... I've sold several guns to wmpd officers and know the major. Doesn't help with getting a ticket fixed though wish it did... I can remember one night in particular it was like midnight on a Thursday and i come walking out of the pd with an ak-47 and a ar-15 I had let one of the guys I know bring up there to try and sell for me, two officers were cruising through the parking lot wondering why there is a car there. Immediately are like what are you doing with those guns!!!! Freaking out wondering what I had done or planned to do. I explained the situation and they were like oh your that guy. Their faces were priceless at first though.

Top Bottom