EOTech is Pricey.. thinking about Bushnell HOLOsight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    I am not looking for financial advice I understand the monetary situation. From the reading the Bushnell is basically an EOTech. Anybody (That knows) please tell me if the Bushnell is a good product. Is it true holographic sight?

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I have seen them, but not bought and used them.

I have seen an EOTech that got blown out of a humvee in the sandbox and it and the rifle it was on flew many yards before hitting and even denting the hood, but the thing still worked and was zeroed. I have not seen the same from Bushnell. That is my thinking, if you get my drift.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I hear alot of the "BTDT" guys are advocating aimpoints... but I like my Eotech and its stood up to my abuses, so thats good enough for me. I'm faster with the bigger reticle than just a dot I find.

The bushnell is basically the same thing, just not as ruggedized. It will probably be fine for a range gun

Last edited:

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    The Holosight was commercially available long before the EOTec. Many IPSC shooters used them with great success. The Holo's are good sights.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    The eotech and the Bushnell are the same item, made by the same manufacturer wiht the same technology. The EOTECH is made to milspec and has a 'hood' over the lens, and is ruggedized.For casual use the Bushnell is a better value. If I were a soldier in the sandbox, I'd definitely want the EOTECH, but for just plinking and range shooting, the Bushnell is fine. The mall ninja crowd will hoot and holler that "it's not a REAL EOTECH" but if they are not paying for it then they can pound sand. Just my 2 cents.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I have seen them, but not bought and used them.

I have seen an EOTech that got blown out of a humvee in the sandbox and it and the rifle it was on flew many yards before hitting and even denting the hood, but the thing still worked and was zeroed. I have not seen the same from Bushnell. That is my thinking, if you get my drift.

I think we are out of sand here in Louisiana and not many of us have to worry about getting blown out of a military humvee on our way to the range. But you are right if I was a grunt over there EOTech would be the better choice.

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    What I am looking at...

Optic Options:
    =================

Burris AR-332 (300)
    Pro: 3x, waterproof, good reticle
    Con: 14 ounces

Bushnell Trophy 1x32 (200)
    Pro: Price, Quality, no battery
    Cons: 1x, 15.6 ounces

Bushnell Holosight (250)
    Pros: Holographic, Fast aquisition, price, weight
    Cons: Durability 1x

Thoughts?

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The eotech and the Bushnell are the same item, made by the same manufacturer wiht the same technology. The EOTECH is made to milspec and has a 'hood' over the lens, and is ruggedized.For casual use the Bushnell is a better value. If I were a soldier in the sandbox, I'd definitely want the EOTECH, but for just plinking and range shooting, the Bushnell is fine. The mall ninja crowd will hoot and holler that "it's not a REAL EOTECH" but if they are not paying for it then they can pound sand. Just my 2 cents.

The Holosight was commercially available long before the EOTec. Many IPSC shooters used them with great success. The Holo's are good sights.

Thanks for the useful info guys!

Top Bottom