EOTECH

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    I'm in the middle of my AR build and deceided to go with an Eotech, but which one? Please give me your opinion on different model Eotechs. thanks

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    One of the XPS models, depending on your requirements, wallet and tastes. The single transversal battery goes a LONG way to eliminating the problems with past models, and cuts down on the size and weight of each unit as well. Still plenty of space in the viewing window, but a lot more rail real estate to work with at the same time.

I've got an XPS3 and a 553, and they've both stood up to use and abuse. I much prefer the XPS, although admittedly the battery life is shortened. Just be sure to keep spares on hand. I like to have a set with the rifle (water tight) and several extras on hand.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Educate me on the difference, please.

4 MOA single dot (blob?), vs the 65 MOA ring with a 1 MOA dot in the center.

Not a lot to explain, really. Plus I find the EOTech's FoV is better, at least the way I like to use it and set it up.

They're both solid products, of course. I wouldn't feel out of place with either one, but I much prefer the EOTech. Yeah, you will have to change the batteries in your lifetime, but it's a fair trade for me!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    4 MOA single dot (blob?), vs the 65 MOA ring with a 1 MOA dot in the center.

Not a lot to explain, really. Plus I find the EOTech's FoV is better, at least the way I like to use it and set it up.

They're both solid products, of course. I wouldn't feel out of place with either one, but I much prefer the EOTech. Yeah, you will have to change the batteries in your lifetime, but it's a fair trade for me!

I see what you're saying and would have gone with the Eotech for a long range gun myself. It took me a long while to decide but chose the T-1 for a SBR with dedicated can for closer work. Could have lived with the Eotech for this but the ring annoyed me after actually using it on my son's AR. Both are great optics, IMO, that serve their intended purpose. Thanks for the opinion.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I see what you're saying and would have gone with the Eotech for a long range gun myself. It took me a long while to decide but chose the T-1 for a SBR with dedicated can for closer work. Could have lived with the Eotech for this but the ring annoyed me after actually using it on my son's AR. Both are great optics, IMO, that serve their intended purpose. Thanks for the opinion.

I don't fault anyone who makes that decision, as a lot of people seem to find the ring cluttering/distracting. I've also talked with a lot of people who say that the EOTech fuzzes/blurs out on them, which would definitely lead me to explore other options.

Honestly, as silly and iWarrior as it may sound, I think the reason the EOTech reticle works so well for me is video gaming. It looks almost exactly like the SOCOM reticle, and I'm very much conditioned to putting and keeping that thing on target. :mamoru:

ragincajun1919

Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Sep 23, 2009
    Lafayette, La
    I was recently trying to decide between the 553 or the EXPS3, I went with the 553. Why? No idea really, I like the arms mount built in, feels sturdy and well, it looks DAMN good on my rifle. I wanted the NV ability and the waterproof? Not very important, until I buy a private island and go swimming with my rifle offshore LOL!!!!

In all reality, I really just liked the 553 better, however, I will at some point probably end up with the EXPS3 as well

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I was recently trying to decide between the 553 or the EXPS3, I went with the 553. Why? No idea really, I like the arms mount built in, feels sturdy and well, it looks DAMN good on my rifle. I wanted the NV ability and the waterproof? Not very important, until I buy a private island and go swimming with my rifle offshore LOL!!!!

In all reality, I really just liked the 553 better, however, I will at some point probably end up with the EXPS3 as well

I like the ARMS mount a lot as well, although I heard a few reports of them losing some of their stiffness with lots of on-off use.

I didn't need all of the tricks and trinkets either-- but I figured A) if I'm spending so much, why not spend a little more for the bells and whistles; B) someday, I may very well want it, and then have to spend that much more cash to get it!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Why not buy the Aimpoint Patrol optic ????????

I will be buying one of those VERY soon, I have an older model EOtech and it does get a little blurry depending on distance

Top Bottom