Epic Fail!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mitter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Don't have back story (just received pics in email), but DAMN!!!

Bull 1/Matador 0!!

7ctmb8knrunog9vmc5ll.jpg

kop4yhpnvle9pj7q8ju.jpg

0wcepeyj05xestf3t96z.jpg

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Mess with the bull...

That would make a great poster for the rooms of young boys, to remind them that just because you have successfully done somethign dumb over and over without any ramifications doesn't mean that they won't show up one day and punch a 3" hole in your dumb ass.

VERY good point. I don't remember how old your double-troubles are, but my one son is 16 and of course just hitting the ten-foot-tall-and-bullet-prrof stride. :rolleyes:

Guy should have never stuck the bull with those little pokey things. Good on the bull. Never have really understood rodeo, much less that insanity there.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Yeah, I bet! Probably running out of matadors! :rofl:

LOL, that's a perfect correction.

I got off my lazy rump and chased down the article. It's not much, but it's a start.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/07/28/128817532/bullfighting-banned-in-spanish-province

Lawmakers in Catalonia, Spain, have voted to outlaw bullfighting, starting in 2012. Opponents denounced the longtime Spanish custom as cruel, while supporters insisted ending it will damage Spanish culture. The vote may be more about politics than bullfighting, since the Catalonian region has only one bullring and about 15 bullfights a year. Some Catalonians are calling for even greater independence from Spain and say the bullfighting ban shows they're willing to break from Spanish tradition.

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Lawmakers in Catalonia, Spain, have voted to outlaw bullfighting, starting in 2012. Opponents denounced the longtime Spanish custom as cruel, while supporters insisted ending it will damage Spanish culture. The vote may be more about politics than bullfighting, since the Catalonian region has only one bullring and about 15 bullfights a year. Some Catalonians are calling for even greater independence from Spain and say the bullfighting ban shows they're willing to break from Spanish tradition.

First thought: I think the bull had to release the matador, he's "foul hooked"

Second (serious thought): I don't find bullfighting appealing personally but, now they're banning it FOR EVERYONE in Spain - in England they banned fox hunting FOR EVERYONE (they also banned guns) - they banned cockfighting in Louisiana FOR EVERYONE - - and the fact that all three activities were associated with having long, historical, cultural roots didn't count for anything.

PETA has gone after hunting with dogs (you should see some of the crap about coonhunting), showing / breeding dogs, and of course, hunting and fishing in general. From what I've seen of radical animal rights and anti gun folks - they have no real boundaries. Sometimes, the real enemy isn't an enemy until they come after MY activity. Sorry, had to rant.

Last edited:

joshuades

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    On a vacation in Spain, a guy goes to a bullfight. He sees the bull get killed. Afterwards he's looking for somewhere to eat and he comes across a restaurant near the bullring. He goes in and takes a seat. He can't understand anything on the menu, so he just orders the special of the day. The waiter brings out a bowl of broth in which float two large balls.
    "What are these?" asks the guy. The waiter explains it's the balls of the bull that was killed in ring that day. The guy's adventurous, so he takes a bite, decides it's delicious and finishes it off.
    The next day he's sightseeing but he can't resist going back to the restaurant and ordering "Bullfight Especial". The waiter brings out a bowl, but this time the balls are much smaller. He eats them anyway, finds them delicious but asks the waiter:
    "Why were these balls so much smaller than they were yesterday?"
    "Well, the bull don't always lose."

lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    On a vacation in Spain, a guy goes to a bullfight. He sees the bull get killed. Afterwards he's looking for somewhere to eat and he comes across a restaurant near the bullring. He goes in and takes a seat. He can't understand anything on the menu, so he just orders the special of the day. The waiter brings out a bowl of broth in which float two large balls.
    "What are these?" asks the guy. The waiter explains it's the balls of the bull that was killed in ring that day. The guy's adventurous, so he takes a bite, decides it's delicious and finishes it off.
    The next day he's sightseeing but he can't resist going back to the restaurant and ordering "Bullfight Especial". The waiter brings out a bowl, but this time the balls are much smaller. He eats them anyway, finds them delicious but asks the waiter:
    "Why were these balls so much smaller than they were yesterday?"
    "Well, the bull don't always lose."

Now thats funny.......

Last edited:

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    First thought: I think the bull had to release the matador, he's "foul hooked"

Second (serious thought): I don't find bullfighting appealing personally but, now they're banning it FOR EVERYONE in Spain - in England they banned fox hunting FOR EVERYONE (they also banned guns) - they banned cockfighting in Louisiana FOR EVERYONE - - and the fact that all three activities were associated with having long, historical, cultural roots didn't count for anything.

PETA has gone after hunting with dogs (you should see some of the crap about coonhunting), showing / breeding dogs, and of course, hunting and fishing in general. From what I've seen of radical animal rights and anti gun folks - they have no real boundaries. Sometimes, the real enemy isn't an enemy until they come after MY activity. Sorry, had to rant.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. Whats next.

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    i have never understood the idea of dressing like ricky martin, putting on a funny hat and taunting a pissed off, wounded and horned animal with a silly little red cape. however i am now 100 percent for the sport if we can keep this kind of photo journalism alive. what a great pictorial on not being a dumb-ass.

Top Bottom