Epic slap vid- Former Marine (now patrol cop) slaps reserve army punk

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would you do?

• Total voters

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    US SOLDIER BRO! KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO!

He didn't beat the **** out of him, that's a fact. So stick to the facts and stop making crap up.

I believe the change I made in my wording factually described what happened.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Yes. Both wife and husband should get option "Smack head" for depending on 911 for their safety.

I think this comment really says something about the mentality of police nuthuggers. Even when you do nothing wrong, you still deserve a good ol' physical assault courtesy of your superior power hungry leo.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I think this comment really says something about the mentality of police nuthuggers. Even when you do nothing wrong, you still deserve a good ol' physical assault courtesy of your superior power hungry leo.

must ....resist ...urge.

wont ...elaborate.

whew.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I saw the cop to be the initiator of physical threat/aggression...once the poor subject didn't bow down, the cop "put him in his place". murica!!! or rather, USSA!

MEM? :eek3:

I think this comment really says something about the mentality of police nuthuggers.

Listen Soldier Bro Nuthugger, you seem to be an artist at picking and choosing what you want or don't want to take out of context so pardon me if I care not to keep up with the strawman bs.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    You guys Still haven't said Where exactly the cop screwed up, if he in fact did. You're saying he "physically assaulted" the subject without citing what the police officer skipped in his force continuum.

Let me help you, since you guys may find yourselves in a similar situation.

U.S. Supreme Court Graham v Conner (1989).

You can find it on Wikipedia, it's not hard to look up. Might be useful, instead of bloviating all over the Internet.

Again, I'm not keen on what happened either, but you all "non-police nuthuggers" have totally missed the point.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You guys Still haven't said Where exactly the cop screwed up, if he in fact did. You're saying he "physically assaulted" the subject without citing what the police officer skipped in his force continuum.

You can find it on Wikipedia, it's not hard to look up. Might be useful, instead of bloviating all over the Internet.

Again, I'm not keen on what happened either, but you all "non-police nuthuggers" have totally missed the point.

Does an Officer have to say, "You're under arrest" first?

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    US SOLDIER BRO! KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO!

He didn't beat the **** out of him, that's a fact. So stick to the facts and stop making crap up.
    This

How can everyone jump to conclusions. There may be facts not supported by the camera view.
    Did the army kid have clenched fists?
    Did the army kid move his face into the officers face?
    Did the army kid raise his arms?
    The army kid was hostile by both his attitude, actions, and physical being when he stepped forward.
    Cops do have a right to defend themselves. The kid stepped aggressively to him. Remember, there is a gun in every fight when police are involved. How can the cop expect to know the physical ability or defensive training of the army kid.
    The cop put the army kid onto the ground and the army kid was detained with a knee until he calmed down, then he was cuffed.
    He got what he deserved.

If the cop would have walked over and smacked army bro for no reason, I would gladly say the cop was wrong. It did not happen that way.

C: Smack Head

Funny ****. I still laugh when I watch it.

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell

the POINT is, a cop can't get butt-hurt (he got butt-hurt about the response time comment), decide to physically escalate a situation (aggressively talking and aggressively stepping up to the person), assault somebody b/c the person didn't back-down (he also probably didn't like that the guy was army and thought he could prove how marines are superior, but that's just speculation on my part), then claim the moral high ground of oh well the officer had to do this for "officer safety" reasons. Whether it falls inside the "force continuum"/department policy is moot...it's still unethical (you cant' initiate unwarranted force and claim moral high ground), and shows the officer is not fit for duty. Also keep in mind that this video was leaked by someone in the department, which means another person in law enforcement was not happy with this officers behavior either.

Let's say the police respond to my house. They make a comment I don't like, so I get aggressive verbally back to them, step up to them in a physical manner (significantly closing the distance), and since they don't back down, I slam one of them to the ground. I'm sure nothing would happen to me right? I was just looking out for my own safety after all.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Even half of the claimed 45 minutes on an assault call in an urban area is horrible.

Just adding this since it's current;
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/As-...ric-low-response-times-tick-up-199971041.html

Fourteen-and-a-half minutes. That’s how long it takes, on average, for the NOPD to respond to an emergency call for a violent crime. That’s 14 minutes and 30 seconds for shootings, beatings, robberies and more

Now when 'Soldier Bro' called 911, what did he say?
    -That he had been Assaulted?
    - or was being Assaulted?

Big difference on how the dispatcher will relay the info to LE.

EDIT> I don't know Police Jargon but I would assume that;
    Assault in Progress, is different than Report of an Assault.

One requiring Emergency Response and another requiring LE to show up and write an incident report?

:dunno:

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I would have directed the "victim" to step back. After watching the video, I feel that this would have been unheeded/ineffective, and I would have had to make contact/receive contact. However, I don't think the situation could have been diffused without explaining all the little nuances of "why it took 45 minutes" to respond, and frankly, that's ridiculous to explain. It is what it is. Directing the "victim" to step back would have served to create another defense against use of excessive force charges in court after contact was made, and maybe...just maybe, if it was worded/toned correctly, the "victim" would have stepped back. Not likely, but either way, it would have reduced liability for any future action.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Just adding this since it's current;
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/As-...ric-low-response-times-tick-up-199971041.html

Now when 'Soldier Bro' called 911, what did he say?
    -That he had been Assaulted?
    - or was being Assaulted?

Big difference on how the dispatcher will relay the info to LE.

EDIT> I don't know Police Jargon but I would assume that;
    Assault in Progress, is different than Report of an Assault.

One requiring Emergency Response and another requiring LE to show up and write an incident report?

:dunno:

The urgency of the call is determined on what information is given/obtained when the call is taken. If this was an "in progress" call, the police would have been sent sooner.

When it's busy and call volume is high, sometimes you have to wait, especially if it's a crime that has already occurred, there are no/minor injuries, and the suspect is no longer in scene.

As for NOPD, they will not be able to drop the response times until they get more personnel and the personnel are deployed differently. There is a reason why the response time in JP is better. It has everything to do with staffing.

JR1572

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The urgency of the call is determined on what information is given/obtained when the call is taken. If this was an "in progress" call, the police would have been sent sooner.

When it's busy and call volume is high, sometimes you have to wait, especially if it's a crime that has already occurred, there are no/minor injuries, and the suspect is no longer in scene.

As for NOPD, they will not be able to drop the response times until they get more personnel and the personnel are deployed differently. There is a reason why the response time in JP is better. It has everything to do with staffing.

JR1572

That's what I figured.

Thanks

Top Bottom