Eric Holder backing away from an assault weapons ban?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    "...White House officials instructed the attorney general to tone down any further talk about assault weapons in order not to complicate the president's legislative agenda on Capitol Hill..."

They're smart enough to not fight more than one battle at a time... AWB is just on the backburner for the moment.

altimar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Lafayette
    They *say* they're not going to ban them *now*. Am I missing something? Do politicians always tell the truth about guns while they lie about everything else?

CantGetRight

Awe ****, getcha towels
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Isn't that the truth...I don't know any other job that it's the norm to lie...and it seem as though everyone is fine with it.

FWIW...My cousin works for the Attorney Generals Office here...he tells me to buy ammo...as much as you can, as soon as you can, because that's what they are going to go after, not the weapons themselves.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Isn't that the truth...I don't know any other job that it's the norm to lie...and it seem as though everyone is fine with it.

FWIW...My cousin works for the Attorney Generals Office here...he tells me to buy ammo...as much as you can, as soon as you can, because that's what they are going to go after, not the weapons themselves.

I am running out of tin foil...

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    "...White House officials instructed the attorney general to tone down any further talk about assault weapons in order not to complicate the president's legislative agenda on Capitol Hill..."

They're smart enough to not fight more than one battle at a time... AWB is just on the backburner for the moment.

....which is why I bad-mouth everything he tries in legislature, which isn't a real stretch because it is always a stupid idea thus far. Keeping Robert Gates and Petraeus were the only intelligent things he has done thus far.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    they can back away from the gun bans but make ammo the thing to go after.

no ammo = no shooting your guns

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    As much as 90 percent of the assault weapons and other guns used by Mexican drug cartels are coming from the United States, fueling drug-related violence that is believed to have killed more than 7,000 people since January 2008, according to estimates by Mexican and U.S. law enforcement officials

I wonder how Mexico officials and for that matter US Law Enforcement would know...unless they track it without interference....

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    As much as 90 percent of the assault weapons and other guns used by Mexican drug cartels are coming from the United States, fueling drug-related violence that is believed to have killed more than 7,000 people since January 2008, according to estimates by Mexican and U.S. law enforcement officials

QUOTE]

media propagand to get the anti-gun crowd excited into a frenzy

Top Bottom