ESSE Izula

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I carry it when I am in the woods, on the boat ..
    I like it alot, I used it all during gator season, cleaned several gators with it top to bottom, and only had to sharpen it once..

I have the micarta or whatever handles on it, they wear real well and even in the slime of the cleaning process as clumsy as I am, I managed to not cut myself.. which you will learn is pretty good for me..

buy it, dont look back..

RocknRolla

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Abita Springs, La
    I dig mine. I cord wrapped the handle and put a 2" lanyard on the end. Stays put in the sheath on my belt but comes right out with a tug. Mine was EDC all last winter. I stopped carrying it only because I picked up another knife and I like to switch it up. I've been thinking about going back to it, now I will!

I like that it's a fixed blade, but small. For regular, everyday cutting jobs I never seem to use more than the first 2" of any knife I carry. I have the belt clip on it and carry it horizontally with the clip thru a belt loop. It's never come off by itself, but can be a pain to take off if your pants are still on. I also had some strapping thru the holes in the sheath and could but it on my belt. The belt loop let the knife dangle and the strapping on the belt carried pretty rigid.

I got mine from Smokey Mountain Knife Works. They had the bet price at the time. They have the complete package with all the survival card, fire starter, clip and other nonsense and they have a barebones kit with just the knife and sheath that's abit cheaper. I got the complete kit because I like all the assorted nonsense.

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    ive been carrying the Izula II for a few months now and love it. I carry it horizontally to the right of my belt buckle. I have it lashed to my belt with paracord. COmpletely forget its there and overall am really happy with it. Got it from knifeworks in the kit RocknRolla mentioned.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Couple of buddies of mine have the Izula, one paracord wrapped handle and the other micarta scales. Both of them absolutely love them. One carries the Izula daily.

Good blades.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    That is... Correct! You win, Chad! Now, your prize is...... Knowing you are right! Thanks for playing. :dogkeke:

Last edited:

zero_one

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Abita Springs
    great knife, great company.... iv been using them since they were RAT Cutlery / Ontario
    (pretty sure there was a buyout, dont know all the details but havent seen a decline in quality)

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    the company was and still is owned by the same people, they just started making knives in a partnership with ontario. Then after a while went at it on their own.

SqueeDAB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Noladishu, Karjakistan
    ESEE Izula 1 and Izula 2 are both great knives. The 2 has a .5" longer handle and comes equipped with the handle scales already;you have to buy handles for the 1. Both are perfect EDC fixed blade knives. Carry options are only limited by imagination, but I like a simple belt carry option, preferably horizontal. I like the longer handle of the 2.
    The Izula cuts like a knife twice its size, and it's very stout.

The ESEE 3 is also a great knife. Bigger than the Izula, but slimmer. Makes a great slicer and good all-around knife.

The ESEE Candiru is one of the newer products from ESEE. It's even smaller than the Izula. You'll forget that you're carrying it.

The ESEE 3 Clip Point and Izula 2 compete for "My favorite small fixed blade knife" slot. The 3 might be a bit big for EDC for some folks, but it works for me. I mix up my carry rotation; variety is the spice of life.

Ian Johnson

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    ponchatoula
    cant say enough great things about this knife, my favorite neck knife that is always with me outdoors and even edc it sometimes, and for bigger knives my esee 4 covers it, get an esee you wont be disapointed

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    Finally wrapped the handle on my Izula a few days ago. I carried it all day long yesterday while walking around the french quarter and at times would completely forget I had it on. Very very comfortable knife to wear on your belt.

2012-05-25_10-40-34_634.jpg

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Nice wrap!

The Caridu is very interesting... It will be the blade or two I have with me at all times, and an Izula II on the hip.
    That would make a great NOLA set-up, no?

Top Bottom