Every vehicle and home needs this!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNIQDEFTECH

Camp Slayer,Iraq
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    Kandahar ,Afghanistan
    http://cgi.ebay.com/QuikClot-ACS-Sp...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a7406cc8

http://www.narescue.com/Individual-Patrol-Officer-Kit-IPOK-CG-P344C122.aspx

Add the life-saving power of QuikClot to your first aid or emergency medical kit for the temporary treatment of traumatic wounds.

The QuikClot Advanced clotting sponge (ACS) offers military personnel, law enforcement officers, and first responders a easy-to-use hemostatic agent designed to quickly stop life-threatening arterial and venous bleeding.

Each sterile, vacuum sealed pouch contains two 50 gram sponges intended to be packed into the wound. No pouring is required, making use of the sponges easier than prior methods of application.

Quikclot was co-developed with the U.S. military and is already credited with saving more than 100 lives in Iraq and Afghanistan

Jam one of these in your range bag!....Jam of these in you Tiger Woods overnight kit,just to be safe!

Last edited:

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Training on when and how to use it would be better money spent. We learned in the Ditch Medicine class that this is not the "Pixie Dust" as most people think. You have to slow/stop the bleeding for this to work at all.

Last edited:

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I have some of those after watching nutnfancy's first aid vids he mentioned them. I did my own research because nutnfancy is too reputable of a source then went and bought some.

UNIQDEFTECH

Camp Slayer,Iraq
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    Kandahar ,Afghanistan
    The first version was a powder,which has to be cut out of you...this is a different version....this item is not just given out here in Iraq.The medics have to fill out an incident report to get a replacement.It is to be used in conjuction of compression techniques depending on the wound. Proper instruction and training can show you the most effective and efficient ways to utilize this product.Instructional videos and 3D animations highlight the latest techniques and protocols that make this option so applicable.

http://www.narescue.com/Individual-Patrol-Officer-Kit-IPOK-CG-P344C122.aspx

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yea, let me tell you a little story about this quick clot.

In Fallujah, we'd spend about 25 to 30 days in the city, then by platoon we'd truck it to Camp Baharia Click Here for Birds Eye View which was just a couple miles outside the city between Fallujah and Camp Fallujah(Army Base). It was like a 3-5 day R&R. Showers/chow hall/ Sat Phone tent. However while there they'd still put us on guard duty around the base in these Towers.

One day around 0900, my platoon is in the towers, I'm on roving patrol as the NCO/COG and I hear "COG, COG this is Post 9, I've been shot...over. The base is like a square and post 9 is in the NE Corner. At the time I was heading east straight towards his post.

As me and the SOG arrive at the bottom of the tower we can see the blood all over the spiral staircase. As we run up it were yelling his name (PFC Rolonlopez). The SOG was Sgt. Dwain Midthun. If you were on the floor of the tower you were surrounded by concrete and sand bags so we stayed low not sure where the shot came from at the time and Rolon wasn't talking much. For a Puerto Rican he was looking awfully White we joked about that later. We could see that Rolon was shot in the Bicep. It actually wne through the Bicep and out the Tricep SOMEHOW not breaking his arm. Immediately I reached for his med pack and opened it. Sgt. Midthun grabbed the quick clot and was also using the bullet hole in his sleeve to rip more and see the damage. After tearing up his sleeve he poured the quick-clot on the wound. That's when the Party Started! Rolon, who was pale from blood lost and barely conscious CAME ALIVE! He literally jumped to his knees and pushed Sgt. Midthun away while slapping the Quick Clot out his hand. He was screaming that his and I quote “MotherF.ing Arm was on FIRE!!!” Remembering back now, I'm having a hard time typing b/c I'm laughing so hard.

He jumped up and ran down the tower in between the walls of the compound. I grabbed his rifle and headed down after him. Sgt. Midthun wrapped some gauze around his arm and helped him in the Humvee. I jumped in the driver seat, and we took off to the BAS inside the camp to stage for a Mobile Evac to near by Camp Fallujah.

After talking to Rolon a week later, he said that if he ever gets shot again, make him a Tourniquet or something, he said that stuff made his arm feel like it was on FIRE and falling off. He also had a VERY, VERY nasty scar. Looked like a blind one armed man had sewed him up. He said it looks bad b/c that quick clot kind of sears itself and gets hard and hot and that they had to CUT/DIG it out of him, leaving some flesh missing and one jagged looking sewing job.

Point being, it’s up to you, I just wanted to provide you with some real life experience with this stuff and gun shots. That was the only wound I ever really attended too. I’ve helped shot and wounded Marines before that day, but Doc was always the one working on their wounds. I’m not sure he ever used that stuff on anyone but I know I ain’t never seen a wounded Marine come alive like when we poured that Quick Clot on poor old 18 yr old Rolonlopez’s arm. LOL! Man I’ll laugh about that for the rest of my life.

To those of you observant guru’s, no we didn’t abandoned the post, as we were putting him the Humvee, Lt. Caven arrived with 4 Marines, two from another platoon to put in the tower for now. Good old Lt. always thinking on his feet, we didn’t call him, he just came out with Marines after hearing the radio chatter.

EDIT:
    UNIQDEFTECH just saw your post, the stuff we had was powder, I'm guessing 1st Gen. I didn't even click on the ebay link to see this new kind. Could make my story obsolete.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This is what ours looked like;
    quikclot_700.jpg

Not sure what was written on it but looked the same.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm interested in learning more about this stuff...anyone got good links on when/how to use?

Also, LAPoliceGear.com carries QuikClot products and has 16% off right now (until 2/21). That makes the ACS+ right at $25. :cool:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Silver Nitrate Sticks worked well for me when I was doing wound care and got a bleeder. :D I had a physician who loved doing surgery in my whirlpool area and having a PTA hold pressure for 30 minutes to stop bleeding. Silver nitrate would shut the bleeding down quick. I had to tell him if he wanted to do surgery to schedule a suite.

Last edited:

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I'll stick with good pressure bandages and if needed a staple or stitch or two. If you're with me when these become necessary, God willing, we'll be on our way to a Doc. Oh, yeah, works good on dogs, horses, and Cajuns.

Top Bottom