Everyone selling guns and not trading trend…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    You reported his ad to the site. We thought you were complaining about him not selling to you because the nature of the complaint was that he sold it out from under you. Either you left the part about the bos out of the report and listed the reason for the report something else or you've changed the facts of the story over time from the original complaint of him selling it out from under you to his selling to someone else because you asked for a bos. Nowhere in your report was a bos mentioned.

Here is the report with some personal info edited out.:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Martman300 has reported a post.

Reason:

Forum: Handgun Classifieds
    Assigned Moderators: ****************

Posted by: ***************
    Original Content:
    Since you’ve decided to post this comment publicly instead of messaging me privately, then I will reply so as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    And the paper trail never disappoints lol…

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Why did you report him to Perez? If the guy doesn’t want to do a bill of sale that’s his choice. A lot of people here have openly voiced their displeasure of doing a bill of sale for a private sale so I don’t find it that shocking that someone doesn’t want to entertain one.
    That’s what used to be pinned as soon as you opened up the forum.

Not that he doesn’t want to do a bill of sale, specifically, then I would just move on.

It’s a persons right to sell or not to anyone regardless of price.

I was thinking it’s a bit shady when seller communicates immediately. I say I want it with a bill of sale, then bails out the door. No responses afterwards.

Not until item is sold to someone else, claiming nothing was finalized.

There used to be the notice pinned to let the moderator know about it.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    And the paper trail never disappoints lol…
    Correct. I have had 3 people on the site say I want something then never show even after setting a place or a time.

I didn’t report them, I just move on.

At least the 2 times you disappeared we didn’t have a day and time set, just a verbal “I want it.”

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    You reported his ad to the site. We thought you were complaining about him not selling to you because the nature of the complaint was that he sold it out from under you. Either you left the part about the bos out of the report and listed the reason for the report something else or you've changed the facts of the story over time from the original complaint of him selling it out from under you to his selling to someone else because you asked for a bos. Nowhere in your report was a bos mentioned.

Here is the report with some personal info edited out.:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Martman300 has reported a post.

Reason:

Forum: Handgun Classifieds
    Assigned Moderators: ****************

Posted by: ***************
    Original Content:
    Since you’ve decided to post this comment publicly instead of messaging me privately, then I will reply so as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Correct and can see why the misunderstanding on your part.

Not my habit to report people that go awol. Happens, most of the people are stand up.

I thought the guy was shady and still stand by that.

It’s a seller or buyers right to back out of a deal. If they don’t like the way I look, talk, or whatever, it’s their right not to deal.

It would be nice to have the communication if someone changes their mind.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I had somebody agree to buy something . In the middle of an ongoing conversation to decide on a time , he ghosted me . Totally cut off communication . I left him a negative feedback . People need to know who they are dealing with .

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I had somebody agree to buy something . In the middle of an ongoing conversation to decide on a time , he ghosted me . Totally cut off communication . I left him a negative feedback . People need to know who they are dealing with .
    I had the same thing happen to me twice about 6 months ago.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've had people ghost me during negotiations; no big deal to me. I have never had someone 'not show up' to a prearranged meeting, and I also have never had someone back out of the deal at a face to face, even though I have made it clear to all they were welcome to inspect the item and make a final decision at that time.

Maybe ads that require a BOS attract a more refined group of responders?

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Correct and can see why the misunderstanding on your part.

Not my habit to report people that go awol. Happens, most of the people are stand up.

I thought the guy was shady and still stand by that.

It’s a seller or buyers right to back out of a deal. If they don’t like the way I look, talk, or whatever, it’s their right not to deal.

It would be nice to have the communication if someone changes their mind.

Let me see if I got this right. Based on you reporting that he sold the item out from under you, all of the mods and admins concluded that you were reporting that someone sold the item out from under you. And the misunderstanding is on our part because we didn't realize you sent the report for a reason never mentioned in the report. Does that accurately sum it up?

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston

I am trying to find clarity in how things work on this site.

Suppose you and I have a deal set, we agree on a time and place to meet. I show up at said time and place with the cash , you show with the item.

BUT - I wear Levi Jeans and you are a Wrangler man, so you decided to cancel on me. In your world that is ok Martman?

jcdogfish

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2015
    prairieville, LA
    I'm glad its not just me. I've noticed the trading down also. Lots of overpriced stuff too. I've overpriced stuff in the past also but have to realize the value is what it is now, not what I overpaid for it. Good items priced correctly move pretty quick. Lately its been easier to just buy new.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I am trying to find clarity in how things work on this site.

Suppose you and I have a deal set, we agree on a time and place to meet. I show up at said time and place with the cash , you show with the item.

BUT - I wear Levi Jeans and you are a Wrangler man, so you decided to cancel on me. In your world that is ok Martman?
    It’s closer to, and more exact, if I am selling a firearm and we make a deal sight unseen, and a kid shows up to conduct a transaction, or someone with an out of state license, or Cheech and Chong show up in the weed wagon I’m wallking.

if you and I make a deal then you show up, and you tell me never mind, my item is no longer for sale, that’s your prerogative. I may not like it, but it’s your option.

Most people on this site, me included, if we say we will meet, or we have a deal, you can book it.

I personally have sold 2 firearms I changed my mind on, but followed through because of my word. I didn’t offer the item to anyone else, but I stuck to my word and followed through.

The people on here are honest, upright, and true to their word, for the most part.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Eh…. Not just over negotiating a deal and then not responding. Maybe they changed their mind. But if they don’t show up when they said they would, I would report them. Just talking isn’t a binding legal process that should shun someone lol.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Eh…. Not just over negotiating a deal and then not responding. Maybe they changed their mind. But if they don’t show up when they said they would, I would report them. Just talking isn’t a binding legal process that should shun someone lol.
    The deal was negotiated . We were discussing a time to meet up , Then , nothing . If you change your mind then man up and say so . Ignoring repeated PM's in the middle of a deal s going to get a negative feedback from me .

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The deal was negotiated . We were discussing a time to meet up , Then , nothing . If you change your mind then man up and say so . Ignoring repeated PM's in the middle of a deal s going to get a negative feedback from me .
    That's reasonable. Especially if the guy has a pattern of doing it, multiple FBs would warn others. I would just be specific in the feedback, and maybe that would warrant a neutral FB since you didn't actually leave the house? I kinda look at it as annoyance (neutral) vs being really pissed (neg) about a deal gone south.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I don't understand a " neutral feedback " . If we come to an agreement and work through a few hiccups and have a successful transaction then I'll call that a Positive Feedback situation . Things happen but communication is everything .

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It’s closer to, and more exact, if I am selling a firearm and we make a deal sight unseen, and a kid shows up to conduct a transaction, or someone with an out of state license, or Cheech and Chong show up in the weed wagon I’m wallking.

if you and I make a deal then you show up, and you tell me never mind, my item is no longer for sale, that’s your prerogative. I may not like it, but it’s your option.

Most people on this site, me included, if we say we will meet, or we have a deal, you can book it.

I personally have sold 2 firearms I changed my mind on, but followed through because of my word. I didn’t offer the item to anyone else, but I stuck to my word and followed through.

The people on here are honest, upright, and true to their word, for the most part.
    I can’t say I disagree with anything you’ve said but except assuming someone didn’t want to do a bill of sale makes them shady. Don’t get me wrong if it was some newer member with no feedback or someone I didn’t know then yes I treat a private sale completely different. Maybe I was wrong in assuming you were dealing with a well established member. If we’re talking someone completely random who I don’t recognize at all, or someone who has no user history for me to evaluate, or a brand new member to be honest I usually don’t even entertain them. I’m not saying that’s the right or wrong way of doing things it’s just how I do it.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't understand a " neutral feedback " . If we come to an agreement and work through a few hiccups and have a successful transaction then I'll call that a Positive Feedback situation . Things happen but communication is everything .
    I see neutral as a warning, especially if it's a new member. It lets people know how we expect business to be conducted around here. YMMV...

Top Bottom