Executive Order FAIL

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    do you agree we are not out of the woods yet though?

With corrupt snake-in-the-grass politicians in office we are NEVER out of the woods. We have to fight for our rights 24/7 or they get taken away by the thief in the night. Gotta sleep with one eye open. This should be a lesson to some of the younger gang here. Don't take your eyes of those bastards for one second!

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    Seems to me the measures we fear most will likely not come to pass. A new AWB and mag limits will probably die in committee or on the floor since it will cause potential "yea" voters political damage (depending on demographic). I'm not sure about the private sale "loophole."

My hunch is that the president will continue pushing for those measures, knowing that they will probably not make it through Congress. Then he can say that he did all he could and blame the lack of action on Congress.

Gun control advocates probably realize that the best way to push their agenda would be through certain, more pliable, states first (i.e. New York and California) and hoping that it will slowly catch on in other states.

disclaimer: this is purely conjecture

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Too bad the older among us couldn't adhere to the same advice.

The good news is the Haight-Ashbury/Anti-War/Peace & Love/Douchestock era children that have/are caused/causing alot of the problems today are dying off.

Now when the Judas Priest/Iron Maiden/Rush (2112 of course)/Black Sabbath bunch starts dying off 15 years later, we could be in a pickle! :p

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Congress will go nowhere there are a half dozen huge budget fights looming in the next 12-18 months. No one is going to want to spend any Political Capital on Gun Control.

I agree with most of that, but......

What if they propose Universal Background Checks in stand alone legislation? Possibly couple it with National Registration? After all, they won't be taking any guns away or banning anything. They just want to know who has what.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Even better question...
    What IF he bans assault rifles with an executive order!!!!
    What THEN

0tnljc0off3sth11o0p0.gif

Kino74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Walker
    An AWB seems unlikely and the mag limits may go unscathed but thinking back to the attempted assassination on Reagan, has me wondering if this is a stepping stone for gun control advocates. Not so much passing something right now but trying to build support. I disagree with the EO consensus some have here. I've read the LCMM back in 1998 when Clinton had the ATF ban any semi auto with the ability to accept a military capacity magazine and I hold no illusion that Obama will most likely do something similar on imported weapons and magazines.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    An AWB seems unlikely and the mag limits may go unscathed but thinking back to the attempted assassination on Reagan, has me wondering if this is a stepping stone for gun control advocates. Not so much passing something right now but trying to build support. I disagree with the EO consensus some have here. I've read the LCMM back in 1998 when Clinton had the ATF ban any semi auto with the ability to accept a military capacity magazine and I hold no illusion that Obama will most likely do something similar on imported weapons and magazines.

They are ALWAYS trying to build support, just as we should always be trying to build support against them.

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    I believe we are on the edge here...meaning another tragedy/event very soon and whole bowl is gonna tip over...

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'm happy that he didn't go further but I'm not exactly happy with what he did. #16 bothers me the most. Doctors are allowed to ask about guns in the home. Why?
    Doctors make a note that there are guns in the home in the patients file. Per the health care bill all records are computerized by the government in a database. Now the government has a record of gun owners. We have a weak form of gun owner registration. All the rules of ATF not keeping the 4473's are now worthless.

Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
    It assumes that requiring background checks on private sales is going to be mandatory. Nice phrasing...

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I agree with most of that, but......

What if they propose Universal Background Checks in stand alone legislation? Possibly couple it with National Registration? After all, they won't be taking any guns away or banning anything. They just want to know who has what.

Still have that pesky little amendment #10 to get around once more....

And now many will see why I stated to people that Heller was not a win for our side....

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I'm happy that he didn't go further but I'm not exactly happy with what he did. #16 bothers me the most. Doctors are allowed to ask about guns in the home. Why?
    Doctors make a note that there are guns in the home in the patients file. Per the health care bill all records are computerized by the government in a database. Now the government has a record of gun owners. We have a weak form of gun owner registration. All the rules of ATF not keeping the 4473's are now worthless.

Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
    It assumes that requiring background checks on private sales is going to be mandatory. Nice phrasing...

They can ask all they want to. That don't mean they are gonna get an answer. That's not medical related so screw them.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell

Why on earth would anybody actually tell their doctor that. Unless he's a shooting buddy. They are not federal employees (yet) so no risk attached to lying.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Even better question...
    What IF he bans assault rifles with an executive order!!!!
    What THEN

If he could do it now, he would have done it. That requires action by congress along with the magazine bans. Klinton would have done it back in he day if he could have by executive order.

Really, tell the doctor to blow it out his ass before you blow it out your ass in his face!

I guess if they wanted to get weak sister registration scheme going that would just document who owns guns, they could just tally up people that are on these guns/shooting forums all across the land.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom