Existing Connecticut Gun Laws - No AR's Allowed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    If I'm reading this correctly, an AR style rifle should not have been in that state to begin with.
    Proof that gun laws don't work!!

•Any semiautomatic firearm not listed above that meets the following criteria:
    •A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
    •A folding or telescoping stock;
    •A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
    •A bayonet mount;
    •A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
    •A grenade launcher; or
    •A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
    •An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
    •A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;
    •A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
    •A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
    •A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or
    •A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:
    •A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and
    •An ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Psycho killers are not interested in nor do they plan to abide by gun laws!

blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    But they keep claiming the guns owned by the mother were legal. If that is the case how did she get them? And I certainly am not meaning to be sexist but what was she doing with that many guns? I seriously can't name 5 females that would want an AR to begin with. I have a hard time believing anything I don't see for myself these days, it has become a world of lies.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    If I'm reading this correctly, an AR style rifle should not have been in that state to begin with.
    Proof that gun laws don't work!!

Any semiautomatic firearm not listed above that meets the following criteria:
    A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
    •A bayonet mount;
    •A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
    •A grenade launcher; or
    A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
    •An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
    •A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;
    •A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
    •A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
    •A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or
    A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:
    •A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and
    •An ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

I think what you highlighted applies to the subsection of pistols, "A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:". I fixed your post to make more sense, but a source might be helpful also.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    But they keep claiming the guns owned by the mother were legal. If that is the case how did she get them? And I certainly am not meaning to be sexist but what was she doing with that many guns? I seriously can't name 5 females that would want an AR to begin with. I have a hard time believing anything I don't see for myself these days, it has become a world of lies.

They said she was a Prepper

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

I think he got the guns from a residence in New Jersey?

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    The editing was messed up when I copied and pasted from the NRA website.
    The •A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm was in a different section than Semi-auto pistols.

I checked the Connecticut Law Library website, and it DOES have •A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm under the semi-auto pistol heading.

IT APPEARS THAT THE NRA WEBSITE IS INCORRECT!!

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/connecticut.aspx

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    And I certainly am not meaning to be sexist but what was she doing with that many guns? I seriously can't name 5 females that would want an AR to begin with.

My wife has 2 ARs, 3 pistols, a bolt action rifle, & a shotgun. I can name 20 women off the top of my head that have or want ARs.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

Did you really just type that?

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    And I certainly am not meaning to be sexist but what was she doing with that many guns? I seriously can't name 5 females that would want an AR to begin with. I have a hard time believing anything I don't see for myself these days, it has become a world of lies.

My wife has an AR, a Remington 870 Police, a Beretta 9mm carbine, and 2 pistols. Is that too many guns for her? :screwy:

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Should spouting anti-gun crap be cause for ban? :dogkeke:

KvichakKing

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Walker, LA
    Be careful......be very careful, my wife not only has an AR but is shooting me out of my life savings. The woman is out of control and not only likes her AR but shoots with a huge grin on her face. And no, I'm not sharing!:fawk:

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.

I think women can legally buy guns these days. :) But seriously, I know quite a few women that are shooters and love ARs, AKs and anything close. Plus, they shoot really well and love doing it. My wife can handle any of my guns including my 45/70 guide gun. Actually, she gets a charge out of the big recoil guns where as some of my buddies who are men complain. Don't underestimate a woman with a gun. :)

mike1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    the rifle could have been a pre Clinton ban weapon witch would in turn make it a very expensive bushmaster. funny how these idiot keep getting a hold of pricey guns, what ever happened to the Saturday night special?

blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    You guys got me all wrong!! I love that women like guns haha I'm trying to get my wife to start shooting with me. I think that all women should have some training as well as men. I personally don't know many women who are into guns. My sister is about the only one I know who enjoys them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom