Experience buying gun off of Gunbroker.com

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I think it's a great site. Check the feedback on the person you're going to transact with and there should be no trouble. I've done a few transactions without any trouble

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I've used it many times for both buying and selling and it's a great service. Haven't had a single problem yet.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I have bought and sold FAL kits and rifles here with ZERO issues, but like most sites I do recommend using the feedback rating to help decide as well as communicating with buyer/seller before completing transaction......

Last edited by a moderator:

DR.NUMBERS

Addict of the Arcane Arts
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Battin Rudge
    I've probably made ~15 or so transactions on gunbroker. All but two have been good experiences. One guy just flat out misrepresented an item and then refused to honor his terms of inspection/return. Never got any help from GB after 6 months back and forth and eventually sold the rifle for a loss. The other case was just a guy who probably wasn't familiar with firearms and so sent me a broken gun. He was very apologetic and offered to take it back but I fixed it myself.

All in all, it is a good site. Just read the user feedback and check the description/photos clearly. As a general rule I stay away from 'AS IS' because that is just asking for trouble. If you have any doubt about a firearm, ask the seller about it first.

Last edited:

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    I've bought and sold dozens of guns and gun related items on GB over the years with only 1 issue (an item I tried to purchase was not as described and returned for a full refund - no harm). I'm particular about bidders and sellers having time on there and pay attention to feedback, payment and shipping terms.

IronMan2015

All Blacked Out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    I have purchased two rifles, a lower, mags and ammunition on there with zero problems. If you check feedback and work with the sellers/buyers and communicate the transactions go very smoothly.

-AB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Have made many purchases thru them and have never had an issue whatsoever. Like using ebay, looking at the sellers feedback and rating is the most important thing. I'll continue to use them too without hesitation.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Used their services many times and only had one problem, a deadbeat bidder.
    Although gunbroker reps did refund my listing fees it took several months and many messages to get it done.
    I still use them as a go-to for most firearm related things.

GLOCKCRAZZ

Custom Sheath Maker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    May 23, 2007
    BR AREA
    Great site to use. I've bought and sold on there. Like others have said watch the feedback.

Sent from the Bayou Custom Sheaths workbench.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Purchased two pistols and one rifle from sellers with good feedback. Also purchased various accessories such as mags. Had absolutely NO issues at all.

hurstolds1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    South Louisiana
    I have used them many times without issue. My recommendation is to do your due diligence and make sure the seller is reputable. I purchase NIB Colts and the amount of fake boxes, manuals, etc out there is incredible.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    Same story here as for everyone else. Bought and sold lots of stuff with no problems. Try to buy things from sellers that have good feedback ratings.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom