Explosion at the Boston Marathon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    Theres not a drop of blood on the ground under him or behind him. Must have gotten immediate help. Hes VERY lucky to have made it that far. I pray for him, others like him and the people working on them.

I noticed that too. Looks like someone applied a tourniquet that is doing the job.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Not to be the nutty prepper, but as shock and remorse passes, my next thoughts go to "what if I was there?" and medical training is about all you got. You can't shoot your guns at that enemy. There's no caliber that solves that emergency threat to life. Even James Yeager, famed for his brash aggressive nature and loquaciousness of violence has often declared vehemently that you're far, far more likely to ever save a life with a med kit than you ever will with a gun. Here's a good example of how that could be true.

I agree and something I have put a lot of thought into laterly. Anytime I'm out with my family I carry a bag with the stuff we may need throughout the day for a wife and two small kids. I have a small FAK in there as well but it's more of a BBK (boo boo kit) than trauma kit. Nothing I have in there would amount to a hill of beans for something like this. I dont think I'm going to be upgrading to an EMT kit or anything but may reevaluate upping the size a bit and including a few other items for moderate bleeding.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    This is an incident where EMTs and first responders were on hand in the near-immediate vicinity. I'm sure they had plenty of EMTs on hand to take care of people who pushed themselves too hard, dehydrated, overheated, etc. In the same vein, I've seen a couple pictures where plains-clothes people were the ones administering first aid.

What would/could you personally do if something like this happened and first responders weren't on hand? What if you're badly wounded, a loved one is, and you're not high-enough on the triage-priority list to get attention yet. Do you want to be a 'compromise' wounded-person?

Not to be the nutty prepper, but as shock and remorse passes, my next thoughts go to "what if I was there?" and medical training is about all you got. You can't shoot your guns at that enemy. There's no caliber that solves that emergency threat to life. Even James Yeager, famed for his brash aggressive nature and loquaciousness of violence has often declared vehemently that you're far, far more likely to ever save a life with a med kit than you ever will with a gun. Here's a good example of how that could be true.

You use whatever you can find to make a field tourniquet; dress tie, show laces, belt, twisted long shirt sleeve, electrical cord. Use anything available for pressure bandages. You keep working way past the point of exhaustion. You save as many as you can. For years you have nightmares of the ones you can’t. I know.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Thank God the third device didn't go off. This could have been worse.

blog_Screen%20Shot%202013-04-15%20at%204.56.45%20PM_0.png

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Did I just hear that right? Did CNN just blame this on "right-wing" extremists?

Reporter on the radio just brought up the possibility of "militia groups"- I **** you not.

Here we go....

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Reporter on the radio just brought up the possibility of "militia groups"- I **** you not.

Here we go....

Let the propaganda flow. Guess this will make people a little easier on accepting bulletproof booths and DHS checkpoints on our streets. As long as we're safe.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

pecka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Montz
    Two tweets I just found. Dont know how to post them right. Sorry.

Cheryl Fiandaca@CherylFiandacaUpdate JFK incident appears to be fire related #tweetfromthebeat
    5:22
    Boston Police Dept.@Boston_PoliceUpdate JFK incident appears to be fire related #tweetfromthebeat via @CherylFiandaca

Top Bottom