Explosion at the Boston Marathon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    ^To Hitman, yes he tried to light himself on fire in the vehicle the Marines came in to inform him of his son's death. :(

Absolutely. That bearded man with the cowboy hat is an immigrant who lost one son overseas and another to suicide - both service members. He is a peace activist and was rucking the marathon in their memory.

Yep. The man has seen some tragedy in his life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Arredondo

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0f3_1366121231

Beyond just him, we've seen that people will always rush to help others when they really need it. It is the saving grace of the human species.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm not here to talk down to anyone... no one is going to waste their time negotiating a business where profiling is higher than normal, also is it possible that businesses are closed for that morning due to the volume of crowd and people on the sidewalk/stands being temporarily placed? It's alot easier to blend incognito amongst a crowd of people high on endorphines all carrying gym bags and or backpacks?

C'mon Wabbit, you're a good guy, and intelligent at that. He took the path of least resistance.

The stores probably DO close, because now that you mention it, all the streets are closed by the city for the marathon. I know copley square was open, but a Lenscrafters or Jewelry store ...probably not? :shrug:

It took 8 pages for someone to defuse the arguing and pie-throwing to make a genuine point. Well done.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    True, also what we say could save your life knowing what to look for and keep you from going into every LensCrafters in America looking for possible antipersonnel mines.

This is true, and admittedly why I asked for some military members' input on the location of the bomb. On arfcom (admittedly where a lot of my info is coming from), there was a big discussion on the use of tourniquets, and it was helpful to see what they/y'all have to say on how everyday civilians can do to prepare and react to trauma situations.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    The stores probably DO close, because now that you mention it, all the streets are closed by the city for the marathon. I know copley square was open, but a Lenscrafters or Jewelry store ...probably not? :shrug:

It took 8 pages for someone to defuse the arguing and pie-throwing to make a genuine point. Well done.

No need for the recognition, I'm here for all of you. I truly love all of you beautiful people.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Word on the street is that the guy with both of his feet taken off is alive and in stable condition. It's amazing what our medical professionals are capable of, and I think it, in large part, can be attributed to lessons learned by our warfighters.

watching the videos, I was very proud of the bystanders rushing in to help almost immediately. Citizens and LEO's alike. dont misread this as my making light of a terrible situation, I'm simply pointing out that generally "flocks" of people panic and run, I was very pleased to see everyday Americans running IN to help.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    This is true, and admittedly why I asked for some military members' input on the location of the bomb. On arfcom (admittedly where a lot of my info is coming from), there was a big discussion on the use of tourniquets, and it was helpful to see what they/y'all have to say on how everyday civilians can do to prepare and react to trauma situations.

Only thing that worries me is hearing people say just grab anything, please make sure it is two finger widths wide at least because smaller than that and you risk tearing valuable arteries that can result in the casualty bleeding out regardless because you just damaged what was good. Go three or four inches above the injury, preferably on the single bone portion of the extremity ie femur or humorous. No tourney on the neck please.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    watching the videos, I was very proud of the bystanders rushing in to help almost immediately. Citizens and LEO's alike. dont misread this as my making light of a terrible situation, I'm simply pointing out that generally "flocks" of people panic and run, I was very pleased to see everyday Americans running IN to help.

Time in and time out our LEO are always there for us. True heroes.

pecka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Montz
    Only thing that worries me is hearing people say just grab anything, please make sure it is two finger widths wide at least because smaller than that and you risk tearing valuable arteries that can result in the casualty bleeding out regardless because you just damaged what was good. Go three or four inches above the injury, preferably on the single bone portion of the extremity ie femur or humorous. No tourney on the neck please.

Im glad you pointed out the width issue. I was considering starting to carry paracord for that purpose.

Complete a circle around the limb with a square knot and twist tight with a sturdy object?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It's amazing to me to see the constant ********, egos, penis measuring, "I'm right and you're wrong!" conversations in threads about innocent people being killed.

You guys really need to shut the **** up. Whether you're wrong or right doesn't matter. We can all agree what happened was and is horrific.

Relax. There's no one here that doesn't feel for the victims and their families. Now that the dust is settled and what occured is sinking in, it's natural for people to have relevant questions. And when questions are asked, it's also natural for bad info to show up. If people see that and point it out, it's not a dick measuring contest and there's no reason for anyone to get butthurt about it.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Excellent info.

I'm proud to admit that I knew about the neck part. :exnbp:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Im glad you pointed out the width issue. I was considering starting to carry paracord for that purpose.

Complete a circle around the limb with a square knot and twist tight with a sturdy object?

Please don't use Paracord for a tourniquet...Use something wider with some surface area, like a belt or commercially-made tourniquet.

pecka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Montz
    I would imagine that almost anything that is twisted to tighten will shrink in diameter right?

Im gonna try to be more prepared, for my family.

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Absolutely. That bearded man with the cowboy hat is an immigrant who lost one son overseas and another to suicide - both service members. He is a peace activist and was rucking the marathon in their memory.

I had read that in the picture of him with the guy in the wheelchair with the traumatic amputations, that Arrodondo was pinching an artery shut. Had to blow it up, but he's def. holding that guys femoral artery pinched off between his fingers. Gutsy move for a bystander. Mucho respect for him.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I would imagine that almost anything that is twisted to tighten will shrink in diameter right?

Im gonna try to be more prepared, for my family.

Somewhat, but then that's part of the reason you use something wider across, to distribute the pressure more evenly. Also, you don't have to tighten down a tourniquet as hard as you can, only as much as it requires to stop the bleeding.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Doc tell'em why tourniquets are temporary. Like why it sounded like the best idea back in the day, until almost everyone that got one also ended up being an amputee.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Doc tell'em why tourniquets are temporary. Like why it sounded like the best idea back in the day, until almost everyone that got one also ended up being an amputee.

Because it completely crushes the good tissue and blood vessels which are almost impossible to "stretch and replace" I'm sure there are synthetic things now but in all honesty for quick stoppage of blood throw on the tourney, get to hospital, KERLEX and ace bandages or KERLEX and Israeli bandages work great too. Nate has a great class I hear, I'm in Lafayette I can show you a few things if anyone needs as well.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    From an hour ago....

U.S. law enforcement officials said Tuesday that a Saudi national injured in the Boston Marathon bombing is regarded as a witness, not a suspect.

The Saudi, who is recuperating at a Boston hospital, is in his 20s and is in the United States on a Saudi scholarship to study at a university in the Boston area.

He declined to identify the young man, but said he sustained serious burn injuries. The official said the victim is cooperating with U.S. investigators and granted permission for his Boston area apartment to be searched.

“He volunteered to have it searched,” the Saudi official said. “He is fully cooperating with authorities.”

He is one of two Saudi citizens who were injured in the attacks, officials said. The other is a female student who attended the race with her son and husband, and who sustained shrapnel injuries to her legs.

They are among thousands of Saudi nationals who attend college in the United States. The Saudi consulate in New York has dispatched a representative to Boston to meet with the hospitalized Saudi.

Top Bottom