F-150 or Tundra: WINNER CHOSEN

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    IMHO, Toyota all the way. I have been driving them for over 25 years. I started with on old FJ 1974 landcruiser. Gas milage was not very good, but you could not kill it. I lived with it in MO during the summer of 81 for about 6 months, and drove it home on 4 of the 6 cylinders (13 hour drive.) I'm on my 3rd truck (Tacoma now) and I have put all of my family members in Toyotas over the last 10 years. Any major problems have been delt with in superb mannor. My 06 Rav had a bad cam shaft and they rebuilt the motor at no cost to me after 30 +K miles while a drove a loner car for free. I have a friend who is a loyal Ford man, and he has been happy also, but he does not keep his vehicles as long as I do.

If you pay attention to the world news, you will notice that in third world contries everyone seems to be driving Toyotas. There must be a reason. How many "techincals" with 30-50-cals mounted in the back have you seen that were driving anything but Toyotas. I have NEVER seen a Ford or GM product used over there. I am sure someone will dig up something up to prove me wrong, but they are going to have to did deep.

Buy what you like and do the service on it and you should be go to go.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Ford parts are cheaper than toyota parts. Not a huge issue if you plan to buy a new truck with a warranty. I have owned a few ford f series over the years, and consider them better built and designed than anything else in the full size truck segment. Currently have an 02 f150 super crew with 195k miles on it and have only changed 1 coil pack and done basic maintenance for the last 50k miles.

I would not buy a toyota due to parts cost, but I always buy used.

nolaOE800

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    to the OP: depends on the year I guess... I've been driving my '87 F-150 for about 6 years now... (I was born in 1987... :bigok:) ... feels like a pretty good ride to me.

Bryan

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2007
    Hammond, LA
    Get the Tundra. Then put a TRD Sway bar on the rear. And upgrade to Bilstein shocks all the way around. I have the TRD Sway bar on my truck and absolutely love it. My 6000# truck corners like a sports car. And it handle a helluva better in all around general driving. You may even be able to work out a deal when purchasing the truck.

+1

The sway bar makes all the difference.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    WINNER:

xdiw9b3ovrle1z22iejk.jpg

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    It's an XL, but it has the power package. Power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise control. It has the vinyl seats and flooring, but that's fine with me. I don't need anything fancy.

Got it for just above invoice price, but below fair market.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Thanks! I really like it a lot. It rides so smooth, and it is so tall compared to cars, SUVs, and most other trucks. It's amazing how far Ford has improved compared to some of their older models.

If you're in the market for a Ford, and you hate car dealers, I recommend Norman Tucker at Don Bohn Ford on Lapalco. Unlike all the other salesman I dealt with, Norman was very hands-off and didn't push you and use the same old catchphrases. The test drive was not a routine route; it was wherever you wanted to go. I didn't think I'd ever recommend a salesman at a car dealership, but Norman seems good to go.

Maybe I could have gotten the price lower, but being that the price was barely above invoice, the truck was just assembled in August, and I got a fair deal on my trade-in, I really can't complain. I feel like I got a fair deal.

Last edited:

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Congrats, I have bought my last 3 vehicles from Bohn, and every time the transaction is smooth, and I have gotten more for my trades than anywhere else. I usually shop around, find the best price i can, and they beat it.

Top Bottom