F class match at palo alto 4/4/09

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s.i.t.

lead slinger
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    new orleans la
    Let's not for get about this match. It's an important one fellas. It's basicly the last pratice session before the spring championships at palo alto. Anyone wanting to come play make sure u bring what u need

s.i.t.

lead slinger
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    new orleans la
    bad news people, i wont be able to shoot the match with yall this saturday. im nursing a black widow spider bite and right now it is inabling me to load ammo and to straited my leg out. ill still show up during the match to bug a select few. and if u time, pray for my fast healing. the pain sucks

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Nahhh.......he just doesn't want to get his ass handed to him by Ashlyn again. That's ok man, I'll take up your slack and endure the ohh so sweet taste of 4th or 5th place....HAHA.

Seriously though, hope you heal up soon.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Nahhh.......he just doesn't want to get his ass handed to him by Ashlyn again.

Seriously though, hope you heal up soon.

LOL one of the guys I work with was shooting in the F Class last month. Talk about catching grief when we found out 16 yo Ashlyn beat all those guys.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Ohhh, and as dzelenka said in another thread, there will be some guys staying after the match to work on targets for the upcoming championships. Dan, if you get a chance, then post up and let us know what tools, if any, we need to bring. I should be able to stay for a few hours afterwards and help.

s.i.t.

lead slinger
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    new orleans la
    ted, id hate to make ashlynn, mad when i beat her, but my barrel seems to be getting tired. damn those factory barrels. don geracie and i are talking about a krieger barrel for it. so as soon as i get it her butt is mine. my barrel now barely hold 1" at 100 were it used to hold 1 hole with 5 shots.

BKliebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    South, La
    To all,

Basically we are pulling nails so a small pry bar and a hammer is all that's needed. I can't thank you enough for helping out, see y’all Saturday.

Buck

AKliebert

F-Class Mid-Range Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    MY HOUSE!!!
    bad news people, i wont be able to shoot the match with yall this saturday. im nursing a black widow spider bite and right now it is inabling me to load ammo and to straited my leg out. ill still show up during the match to bug a select few. and if u time, pray for my fast healing. the pain sucks

Awwww that totally sucks. But that means we will have much more fun next time. but you can still come so thats good. Ill definitely see you there!! :)

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Hey all,

What exactly is involved in F class? I know you're shooting at 600yds, but is that all bench, prone, bipod, etc.?

I have an 18" AR and a "tricked out" .308 (Howa Varminter Supreme, B&C medalist stock, Jard trigger, cheap Burris 3-9x scope for now); however, I'm a 100 yard wonder with both. I wouldn't know where to begin at 600 yards. What optics are commonly used for F class, and what rifles and calibers are common. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it tomorrow, though I"m still trying.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Your .308 would work just fine. You would shoot it off of a bi-pod. You can have a rear bag for a rest. For 600 yards, add 16 minutes of angle of elevation to your 100 yard zero. Bring 66 rounds. You are good to go.

Typically, the scopes are around 20X but the target is big and I have used lower powers on my variables from time to time.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Your .308 would work just fine. You would shoot it off of a bi-pod. You can have a rear bag for a rest. For 600 yards, add 16 minutes of angle of elevation to your 100 yard zero. Bring 66 rounds. You are good to go.

Typically, the scopes are around 20X but the target is big and I have used lower powers on my variables from time to time.

Interesting, thanks.

Dan, I saw in another thread where someone suggested you do a clinic. I agree!!!

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    We do clinics from time to time. I usually announce them on here.

You can also show up at the Gonzales match on the 4th Sunday of every month. Email me beforehand and plan to get there a bit early. We can show you what you need to know and you can shoot the match. We will supply an appropriate rifle from the LSA for $5. I will tell you what kind of ammo to bring and what else.

Top Bottom