Failed(not foiled) terrorism attack in Detroit on plane

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    BTW, are fire extinguishers banned by TSA or can we take them along with us when we fly?
    They may be banned but if so it's wrong. We should be able to carry a fire extinguisher with us anywhere we go.
    I carry a 2lb ACB dry chemical Kidde extinguisher. Some people ask "Are you a firefighter?" or "Why do you have that extinguisher?". I tell them that you can never tell where a fire may occur and I feel it's my responsibility to be prepared to protect myself and my loved ones from flames.
    I've carried my extinguisher in Wal-Mart and several other business and gotten some stares but never been asked to leave. I understand that some people may be nervous seeing me with a extinguisher but they need to get over it and not infringe on my right to protect myself.
    I was shopping at a Albertsons grocery store last week and a St George Fire truck pulled up. I got a bit nervous but the firefighters just got out and walked past me. One clearly saw my extinguisher but he just waved and kept going.
    So keep your fire extinguisher with you because everyone knows "When seconds count, fire trucks are minutes away."
    Be Safe.

:p

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    My question is, why isnt this still a new worthy event. It seems to have been hushed rather quickly..

Yet. the damn balloon boy family is still in the news!!

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    They may be banned but if so it's wrong. We should be able to carry a fire extinguisher with us anywhere we go. :rofl::rofl:I carry a 2lb ACB dry chemical Kidde extinguisher. Some people ask "Are you a firefighter?" or "Why do you have that extinguisher?". I tell them that you can never tell where a fire may occur and I feel it's my responsibility to be prepared to protect myself and my loved ones from flames. :rofl::rofl::rofl:I've carried my extinguisher in Wal-Mart and several other business and gotten some stares but never been asked to leave. I understand that some people may be nervous seeing me with a extinguisher but they need to get over it and not infringe on my right to protect myself.
    I was shopping at a Albertsons grocery store last week and a St George Fire truck pulled up. I got a bit nervous but the firefighters just got out and walked past me. One clearly saw my extinguisher but he just waved and kept going.
    So keep your fire extinguisher with you because everyone knows "When seconds count, fire trucks are minutes away."
    Be Safe.

:p

Is this for real. do you really carry a fire extinguisher like a sidearm EVERYWHERE you go?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    My question is, why isnt this still a new worthy event. It seems to have been hushed rather quickly..

Yet. the damn balloon boy family is still in the news!!

Think about it, a couple weeks ago news broke about a huge breach in TSA security. They published what as basically a "How to Beat TSA Security and Blow Up Planes" manual on the internet. Then this happens. Damn right it's gonna be down played and swept under the rug.

Then there's the whole thing where it makes people realize Obama, the Nobel prize winning Giver of Peace, hasn't done ****.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Think about it, a couple weeks ago news broke about a huge breach in TSA security. They published what as basically a "How to Beat TSA Security and Blow Up Planes" manual on the internet. Then this happens. Damn right it's gonna be down played and swept under the rug.

Then there's the whole thing where it makes people realize Obama, the Nobel prize winning Giver of Peace, hasn't done ****.
    That was a stupid manual to make.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Is this for real. do you really carry a fire extinguisher like a sidearm EVERYWHERE you go?

Of course I do. You don't? You should. Everyone should.
    Sometimes a person will see my extinguisher and admit that they have one but they keep it in their car, "just in case". I tell them, "what if you aren't near your car? What then?" Your extinguisher isn't going to do you any good if you can't get to it when you need it most.
    I hope to never need to use my extinguisher but if I ever need it I will have it. Just as important as having it is knowing how to use it. If you've never used a fire extinguisher get training. When flames are blistering your skin is not the time to be trying to read instruction on the side of the bottle and figure out how to operate the lever.
    I was a Tank crewmember in the Army and fire is a leading cause of death for Tankers so we had quite a bit of training on using fire extinguishers. Years later when I landed a job as a Firefighter/EMT I completed the LSU Fire Acadamy Firefighter Level 1 course which included fire extinguisher training. So I know what I'm doing with a extinguisher.
    Not everyone is as fortunate as I to have this type of training so they should take the time to learn how to operate their extinguisher and even seek out training perhaps through their local fire depeartment.
    I'm not the only citizen who has taken on the responsibility of always having a fire extinguisher with them. I have met several other extinguisher carriers via forums and we have met in person a few times to discuss things.
    We realize that there are lots of misconceptions regarding people who carry extinguishers and so, to help help educate the masses we formed an organization.
    The Fire Extinguisher Carry Advocates of Louisiana (FECAL) was loosely formed last year but we have firmed things up lately. We put out an electronic newsletter FECAL Matters to keep members up to date with group activities.
    One of the things FECAL members had in common were questions from the general public relating to the fire extinguishers. Questions like, "What's the best brand of extinguisher, Kidde or Badger? Where can someone buy a good extinguisher? Which is better, dry chemical or CO2? Aren't Halon extinguishers illegal for the public to own? etc..."
    To address questions like this we put together a short presentation and make it free to view on our website. Called Fire Extinguisher Carry Educational Series (FECES) the program includes a power point presentation answering many of the most common questions and addressing many misconceptions the public may have. Once you have seen FECES you aren't likely to forget it.
    I hope this has cleared up some things and answered any questions you may have had about those of us who go about our daily lives while toting life saving items such as fire extinguishers.
    Take care and stay safe.
    Yale,
    FECAL member.

:D

Last edited:

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sometimes a person will see my extinguisher and admit that they have one but they keep it in their car, "just in case". I tell them, "what if you aren't near your car? What then?" Your extinguisher isn't going to do you any good if you can't get to it when you need it most.
    I hope to never need to use my extinguisher but if I ever need it I will have it. Just as important as having it is knowing how to use it. If you've never used a fire extinguisher get training. When flames are blistering your skin is not the time to be trying to read instruction on the side of the bottle and figure out how to operate the lever.
    I was a Tank crewmember in the Army and fire is a leading cause of death for Tankers so we had quite a bit of training on using fire extinguishers. Years later when I landed a job as a Firefighter/EMT I completed the LSU Fire Acadamy Firefighter Level 1 course which included fire extinguisher training. So I know what I'm doing with a extinguisher.
    Not everyone is as fortunate as I to have this type of training so they should take the time to learn how to operate their extinguisher and even seek out training perhaps through their local fire depeartment.
    I'm not the only citizen who has taken on the responsibility of always having a fire extinguisher with them. I have met several other extinguisher carriers via forums and we have met in person a few times to discuss things.
    We realize that there are lots of misconceptions regarding people who carry extinguishers and so, to help help educate the masses we formed an organization.
    The Fire Extinguisher Carry Advocates of Louisiana (FECAL) was loosely formed last year but we have firmed things up lately. We put out an electronic newsletter FECAL Matters to keep members up to date with group activities.
    One of the things FECAL members had in common were questions from the general public relating to the fire extinguishers. Questions like, "What's the best brand of extinguisher, Kidde or Badger? Where can someone buy a good extinguisher? Which is better, dry chemical or CO2? Aren't Halon extinguishers illegal for the public to own? etc..."
    To address questions like this we put together a short presentation and make it free to view on our website. Called Fire Extinguisher Carry Educational Series (FECES) the program includes a power point presentation answering many of the most common questions and addressing many misconceptions the public may have. Once you have seen FECES you aren't likely to forget it.
    I hope this has cleared up some things and answered any questions you may have had about those of us who go about our daily lives while toting life saving items such as fire extinguishers.
    Take care and stay safe.
    Yale,
    FECAL member.

What kind of fire extinguisher do you recommend for my wife. I carry two at all times. A dry chemical primary and a CO2 backup. I'm just looking for something that won't intimidate her and something that would fit in her purse. LOL

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Take care and stay safe.
    Yale,
    FECAL member.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Dude, that is some of the funniest **** I have read in a while. LOL.

Look on the bright side. You can still open carry your fire extinguisher without having to pay for permission from the statist pigs.

I know of a guy in the Gonzales area who won a new Segway and carries a cross-draw extinguisher after being falsely arrested due to open carrying his fire extinguisher.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    What kind of fire extinguisher do you recommend for my wife. I carry two at all times. A dry chemical primary and a CO2 backup. I'm just looking for something that won't intimidate her and something that would fit in her purse. LOL

Co2 is for Pansies. Real men carry dry chemical. At least that is what Clint Smith says. :o

We will be hosting a Magpul Dynamics Hyper-fire Fire extinguisher course next year. Stay tuned. :mamoru::mamoru::mamoru:

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Take care and stay safe.
    Yale,
    FECAL member.

Hands down, you are either the wittiest, or wierdest guy on this site.

Either way I like you, and I am glad your part of the BS community!:thumbsup:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hunh?

Man, they cannot even keep their stories straight.

First, he was allowed on board the plane despite being in the terror database.

Then the story changed to, "Well, he was mentioned in some US Intelligence reports but not on the terror list."

And now it is back to his being on the terror list after all.

So how did he get on the plane?

And who was the "sharply dressed" man who talked the security gate into letting him on board the plane without a passport? And more to the point, what position did this "sharply dressed" man hold that the airport gate personnel acceded to his wishes?

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's all BS/PsyOps... Read it an (not) sleep.

http://www.newworldorderreport.com/...hy-dont-we-know-about-this-other-suspect.aspx

AND

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/12/commenter_says_he_was_aboard_n.html

Some comments:

Interestingly, it turns out that the bomber is the son of a wealthy banker, who is now burying him in the press as a "radical" and a "terrorist".
    http://www.huliq.com/3257/89958/nigerian-b...ht-253-incident

The heroic passenger who subdued the bomber turns out to be a "video director/producer" from Amsterdam. Certainly a professional in the art of stagery/drama, right?
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2...llab_on_no.html

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom