Fairview Riverside State Park

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmbold

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Denham Springs
    going camping soon, i understand they have a dock where we can do some fishing on the tchefucte river. Anyone ever fish there before, looking for a little advise and or feedback. Thanks

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    There is a dock along the main river, there was a boat launch into a little canal type slough on the west end.
    Fishing here can be hit or miss. Probably some perch around the dock area and boat launch.
    Possibly catfish out in the main river.
    We bass fish the river but not that area.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've camped there a few times but its been years. No luck fishing though. Plus its annoying with the boats going by constantly. I watched someone catch catfish there though. Bottom fish.
    For catfish I use a treble hook wrapped in canned biscuit dough (keep it in the ice chest) then rolled in crushed dog food.

Good luck.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    We went there once with the boat. Not much to do if you're not going to be out on the water, it's not very big. Only caught catfish there near the banks of the river near the stumps. You can't really fish from the dock.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Yes, it gets booked up early as far as camping goes. The Bream should be bedding before too long so take a light fly rod or real light spinner with some poppers. For catfish punch holes in the cheapest can of dog food you can find and toss it out where you will be fishing. Use anything smelly for bait. I like to use cut up chicken necks that have ripened for a while. Used to catch some monster pink ones under the docks and along the wharf at the riverfront by the drawbridge. If you drive the road down to the launch at the mouth of the river be sure and fish the canals that empty into the river from the old rice fields.

randy13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    ashburn, Virginia
    I've camped there with my friends, beautiful scenery
    g.png
    . but if you want to fishing and getting the fish, it will be a little difficult. better ride a boat and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Top Bottom