Fake Aimpoint micros are getting pretty good

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Mandeville
    Why buy a fake or a real one when you can just buy a romeo 5 and know with 100% certainty you're still getting a good optic for a fraction of the cost?

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Why buy a fake or a real one when you can just buy a romeo 5 and know with 100% certainty you're still getting a good optic for a fraction of the cost?

They have fake sigs too. Buy from a reputable shop and you won't have any problems. Amazon and ebay is where they pop up at.

I bought a sig 5, aimpoint pro and a holosun 510c all in the same year.. Guess which two broke first? Not the aimpoint.

I still would recommend both of them because for the price they are great.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    prob quite a few reasons

sig is
    made in china
    not military tested/proven "yet"
    not LE tested/proven "yet"
    doesn't have the track record rather "new" in the optic market

but its just like everything else... some people love to buy everything great value or generic and others would rather Dukes mayo and Heinze ketchup ect.. diff strokes for diff folks.. I for one like to stick with eotech or aimpoint

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    They have fake sigs too. Buy from a reputable shop and you won't have any problems. Amazon and ebay is where they pop up at.

I bought a sig 5, aimpoint pro and a holosun 510c all in the same year.. Guess which two broke first? Not the aimpoint.

I still would recommend both of them because for the price they are great.
    I seriously doubt you broke 2 optics.

I have those 3 optics too and im about to put my pro for sale and get another 510c in green

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I seriously doubt you broke 2 optics.

I have those 3 optics too and im about to put my pro for sale and get another 510c in green
    I didn't say I broke them..i said they both broke as in stopped working. The sig 5 dot would turn off if you tried to adjust the brightness. It lived it's whole life on a 22lr rifle. The 510c the dot would keep flashing. It was on a ts12 for about 150 rounds. Now it's on my AR9 and that's when it started giving me trouble..I did say I would still recommend them.

No way I'd sell my PRO to buy a 510c. I just bought a RDS and it's great. The military/leo discount for both those optics makes it a great choice.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    prob quite a few reasons

sig is
    made in china
    not military tested/proven "yet"
    not LE tested/proven "yet"
    doesn't have the track record rather "new" in the optic market

but its just like everything else... some people love to buy everything great value or generic and others would rather Dukes mayo and Heinze ketchup ect.. diff strokes for diff folks.. I for one like to stick with eotech or aimpoint
    Dukes mayo? Bro wtf is going on here man? Blue Plate man, Blue plate…. Lol

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No way I'd sell my PRO to buy a 510c. I just bought a RDS and it's great. The military/leo discount for both those optics makes it a great choice.

I'm not knocking the quality or the value of Aimpoint but their military/leo discount can't get too much lower. I do understand they are not obligated to offer any discount. Their discount is the average "we're saying thank you with minimal impact on our profits" 10% with a limit of 2 optics per year. The discount looks better than it is because Aimpoint seems to be one of those companies that control the price that resellers can charge so the discount makes it cheaper than everywhere else. It's a small bonus for people already planning to get an Aimpoint but I don't think it's enough to bring in someone who was looking elsewhere.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I'm not knocking the quality or the value of Aimpoint but their military/leo discount can't get too much lower. I do understand they are not obligated to offer any discount. Their discount is the average "we're saying thank you with minimal impact on our profits" 10% with a limit of 2 optics per year. The discount looks better than it is because Aimpoint seems to be one of those companies that control the price that resellers can charge so the discount makes it cheaper than everywhere else. It's a small bonus for people already planning to get an Aimpoint but I don't think it's enough to bring in someone who was looking elsewhere.
    The pro and rds are in the $400 range iirc... Thats a good price from a well known optic company. Now the rest of their products... I agree. ~$800 for an optic is not appealing to the avg person who is just going to the range for fun and maybe a little training.

I was never capped at 2 optics per year. I've bought 5 within a month.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    For every job there are tools designed to complete the task. I’m of the the school that a screwdriver is sometimes a chisel. I have a few Romeo5’s and have had no issues. They are mounted on the toys that are deeper in the safe.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The pro and rds are in the $400 range iirc... Thats a good price from a well known optic company. Now the rest of their products... I agree. ~$800 for an optic is not appealing to the avg person who is just going to the range for fun and maybe a little training.

I was never capped at 2 optics per year. I've bought 5 within a month.

$435 and $450, respectively. And as I said, I was not knocking their quality. They may not enforce their 2 optics rule but it's there. I just don't see 10% off as a big a sale price.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    $435 and $450, respectively. And as I said, I was not knocking their quality. They may not enforce their 2 optics rule but it's there. I just don't see 10% off as a big a sale price.
    I didn't say you were knocking their quality. It's $50 off, free shipping and no tax. For me, to pay little over 400, for a quality optic from a well recognized company, it's worth it. If it fits your need/wants and budget. I have nothing against the lower end brands. I have a few swampfoxs that I'm pretty happy with.

Top Bottom