Fake Cop Arrests Two Suspects

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    So how do you handle something like this? The "suspects" lucky he didn't take them out on the Red River levee and kill their ass. This is a bad situation in which to be compelled by law to disclose to the police you are carrying a concealed handgun. Certainly this would have been a justifiable homicide if the suspects had killed the "cop."

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/...330/1002/Teen-charged-with-false-imprisonment

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The story seems a little "incomplete".

Clearly, if the kid impersonated a cop & and falsely imprisoned two people, he was wrong. But where did the "damage to property" part come in? :confused: They sure don't give much about what happened.....

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    I reckon if he couldn't produce a valid badge on demand, that would be the time to cut him down. Course, if you've already surrendered your weapon to the impersonator as per Louisiana law, you're just f***ked.

On the other hand, maybe he if doesn't have a badge showing, he's immediately a target whenever he identifies himself as a police officer and places any conditions on you. Yea, I like this approach better.

Like Bill Jordan wrote, there are no second place winners.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Could this be a good (unique, hypothetical and rare) scenario where situational awareness training would possibly apply. I'm willing to bet many officers don't have thug-like "tells".

Edit to add: After reading the statement from APD, this wasn't quite the situation I was expecting since he volunteered the information to a real officer. Who knows. Certainly interesting.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I reckon if he couldn't produce a valid badge on demand, that would be the time to cut him down. Course, if you've already surrendered your weapon to the impersonator as per Louisiana law, you're just f***ked.

On the other hand, maybe he if doesn't have a badge showing, he's immediately a target whenever he identifies himself as a police officer and places any conditions on you. Yea, I like this approach better.

Like Bill Jordan wrote, there are no second place winners.

Yeah thats probably the best course of action. Just start shooting. That one never ends badly. I hope you don't just not notice a badge worn on a belt. Although for that matter badges are pretty easy to get maybe an impostor could have one to. Maybe you should just shoot every cop that has the gall to approach you.....Woof....

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I could be wrong, but its my understanding that LEOs are supposed to show law enforcement ID (not a badge) whenever anyone asks for it.

.45-70

1911-2011 aw yeah!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I could be wrong, but its my understanding that LEOs are supposed to show law enforcement ID (not a badge) whenever anyone asks for it.

Kinda like they MUST show a radar upon request too right? Yeah, not so much. I doubt you'll get too far with that one.

louis488

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    New Orleans
    If you have just identified your self as LEO why would you not? A few nights a go I had some one tell me they were a cop trying to get a discount on drinks and he shows me a CHP badge. I will never forget the time I was working a wedding at the country club I use to work for. I had to cut some on off and he went in to the whole act how he was a cop for St Bernard parish and he cant wait to catch me down there so he can find some thing to arrest me for and beat the hell of me for resisting. Well when asked for his ID by our cop he left it at home.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I think it should be required myself. I remember, when I was a senior in high school, I was purchasking an iphone from a classmates brother. I called him up to meet him at mcdonalds for lunch to buy it. He was the stereotype a cop would watch (saggy pants, big car, big rims). Well I got in his car in the parking lot, ((it as cold, and he was explaining how to work it and what not. I got out the car, welked over to my car holding the little apple box they come in. As soon as i sit in my car, i have a barney fife wanna be run up to me and stops me from closing my door telling me hes a cop and he wants to see what i have in the box. I asked to see some form of i.d. He didnt have any, so i told him to call the real barney fifes to come and they did. Although they found nothing,, but an iphone. I dont think he will try to be a hero anymore. He made them search my entire vehivle. I know this story really doesnt make a point, i just realized it, but i already typed it all on my phone so im not erasing it lol. Just shows that there are people who want to "be" the law.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Vanilla gorilla wrote:
    Yeah thats probably the best course of action. Just start shooting.

Look, if a cop cannot produce a badge upon demand after identifying himself as a cop, he ain't no cop.

As a cop, you should be well aware that statistically once a psychopath gets a victim in his vehicle, that victim is most likely to be killed.

We've had a couple of incidents around here recently where the victims got in the automobile and were "relocated." One body has not been found.

The inference of your post is we should take this laying down in the best interest of law enforcement.

I respectfully disagree.

Top Bottom