FAL's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    "Or"

nice guns, I'd rather one of my M1A's... but nice guns nevertheless.

I love M1A's, ......but you can trade tee shirts and beads for FAL parts in just about any third world ********, bar none(if you ever end up in one). Also I bought 10 FAL mags for 50 bucks at a garage sale about 6 months ago. I accept that I can only hit the 600 yd gong 7 outta 10 times. I accept that my hundred yard groups are the size of a soft ball, But me, a 150.00 worth of tools, a 150 dollar part kit a 300 Imbel reciever, some US parts, got together for a couple hours one day and I built my own Battle rifle, for a total of about 600.00 bucks. That is a telling statement:D

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    So I got to shoot my first FAL today, my buddy's DSA Inc. SA58. All I can say is WOW. What a damn nice rifle. Love the pre-trigger button. :love:

SA58SPR.gif

2hogluckydog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Metairie
    I have a post up right now between a M1A and a RRA AR-10 which takes
    the FAL mags. I have two FAL and would take it over the AR-10
    any day. The M1A is close but i would lean towards the FAL.it is a
    superior battle Rifel.

If you have a FAL and a AK you need nothing else.

Just my 2 cents.:D

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Very nice, very nice indeed, are you home building these or sending em out?

No MyTFAL, just collecting a few, I have made a few subtle changes to them after purchases but honestly I haven't done a complete build yet.
    My present rifles are all metrics. My first actual build will be a L1A1 inch rifle. I have about 80% of the kit just waiting to get the final parts and furniture.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I love M1A's, ......but you can trade tee shirts and beads for FAL parts in just about any third world ********, bar none(if you ever end up in one). Also I bought 10 FAL mags for 50 bucks at a garage sale about 6 months ago. I accept that I can only hit the 600 yd gong 7 outta 10 times. I accept that my hundred yard groups are the size of a soft ball, But me, a 150.00 worth of tools, a 150 dollar part kit a 300 Imbel reciever, some US parts, got together for a couple hours one day and I built my own Battle rifle, for a total of about 600.00 bucks. That is a telling statement:D

I've got LESS than $500 in several of mine.
    But then... I picked up the parts about 8 years ago!

(Least I paid was $2.50 per mag... bought 70 with that order. Most I paid was $5)

I still like FAL's, It's just that I like M1A's more. (Personal preference... There's enough 'love' to go around)

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    MyTFAL, these days you are doing good to get the receiver alone for just under $600 bucks! They are out there to be found but they aren't going down any at all.Good kits, less the receiver are about $450 and real good ones are upwards of $900 for freshly parked complete kits with barrel less receiver. Just depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to do yourself and of course the type rifle you end up with.
    Complete DSA STG's with a mag or two are out there for about 1200 to 1400, around a grand when you stumble across a real deal.
    It just depends on what you are after. ;)

Now you could get something like the C2A1 kits for about $2500 :D

Here is a friend of mines collection, he has a few coins tied up in his.

davesrdcollectiono.jpg

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Those are awesome, I got in on the tail end of the affordable kits and even reasonable rec. I wish I had got into em more a few years earlier! I dig M1A's don't get me wrong, but currently they are just out of my range, love to have some 600 dollar ones.....:p

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Dammit. I just got a YHM Phantom 7.62 so my favorite FAL, a DSA STG-58C (matching numbers) is at Henderson Defense getting the proper LH threads for the QD FH.

Just imagine it? :p

I'll post pics when it gets back, but I think they have had it for like 3 months now. It's ludicrous.

Tier1Mike

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Westbank- Jefferson Parish
    I have I springfield SAR 4800-- the FAL copy. I love it. IT was heavily damaged in the Katrina flood. I would love to get my hands on an real FN FAL! I think the original FN FAL is one of the best battle rifles ever made.

Top Bottom