Family sues after 8yr old shoots himself

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    How does a gun jamming lead to the muzzle rise that killed him? ...wait a second, why are they not suing themselves for lack of parental care. The 8yr old had no business shooting a fully auto uzi.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    The boy's family claims the gun was defective and unreasonably dangerous, and they blame the failure to properly service it. Unreasonably dangerous because it was dirty? Sorry to here of something happening like that but come on:eh: You can't blame the gun because your kid shot him self with a full auto. Sure beats the MickyD's hot coffee case.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Stupid parents X 1000.

BTW- could the title of the article be any more misleading?? GUN SHOW????

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Update:
    Club settles charges in boy's Uzi death
    Westfield Sportsman's Club agrees to $1,000 fine

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) - A Massachusetts sporting club has settled charges in the accidental death of an 8-year-old Connecticut boy who shot himself with an Uzi during a 2008 gun fair at the club.

Uzi_Deatha4eb7150-c06d-4345-ac26-5438fb81500c0001_20090903180751_320_240.JPG

:)

Last edited:

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Don't know more about this other than what is presented here and based on that I would agree that the parents share fault, a LOT of fault, in this tragedy. Meaning specifically that if they saw something dangerous going on with their child, then stop it immediately.

But with that being said, having a 15 year old "run the Uzi booth" does seem somewhat reckless imo.

As far as this happening due to dirt? Uh...nope.

Just my .02, but again, this is the only info I have on this topic.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I agree, a fifteen year old handling the Uzi booth is gross negligence on their behalf.

I can think of much safer conditions the father could have introduced his son to firearms.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Everything they shot had some sort of malfunction.

Christopher's brother shooting before his brother.
    Bits and pieces leading up to the final shot.

Edward Fleury jurors flinch upon seeing video of Christopher Bizilj shooting self

SPRINGFIELD - Though it was the most dramatic and disturbing evidence in the ongoing involuntary manslaughter trial of former Pelham Police Chief Edward B. Fleury, it was but a moment.

But it was a moment that showed the end of a child’s life.
    http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/01/edward_fleury_jurors_gasp_upon.html
    http://www.cbs3springfield.com/news...ic-Death-in-Westfield-Gun-Expo-113041569.html
    http://www.wggb.com/global/story.asp?s=13799451

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    The story stated the father signed waivers excepting the risk and liability. In my opinion, the fault starts with the parents and then rolls down. sad events from start to finish.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Tragic story. Legally, I think the parents are at fault if anyone is. Letting an 8 year old shoot a micro Uzi is just plain ****ing stupid. If they signed a waiver than it should have been an open and shut case. I understand it's hard to accept the loss of your child, and even harder to accept responsibility for it, but come on...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    ...sigh... very sad

I remember when this happen, the video was on Liveleak.

Basically when the gun was fired, the muzzle flared up, and the gun twirled around backwards on his trigger finger while continuing to fire. Sort of like a windmill affect.

Also on Liveleak was another video of a kid shooting a Full Auto Uzi (WITHOUT) a butt stock. The gun did the same thing but there was only three rounds left in it so it was empty by the time it rolled around his trigger finger.

I hate this story, but pray that lessons were learned and the story is shared throughout the gun community. We all know the dangers, but as is normal we become complacent. Complacency Kills!

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I can't follow the logic in giving an 8 year old a fully automatic weapon. Tragedy definitely but I would be saying the same thing about letting an 8 yr old drive a racing motorcycle.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Have a link to the vid?

They banned Liveleak from work 6 months ago :(
    No way to search for it.

However you have to keep up with the recent media on that site daily b/c when controversial stuff like this makes it on there, it has the potential to be removed that day or the day after due to copyright etc.etc. you know the deal.

Use google to search liveleak by adding liveleak on the end of your search like this CLICK

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I watched the videos speedlace put up and I don't see either brother shooting them full auto. Does anyone see or know different?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I watched the videos speedlace put up and I don't see either brother shooting them full auto. Does anyone see or know different?

They definitely are, looks like they were instructed to shoot bursts. You can see several rounds fired every time he pulls the trigger.

Top Bottom