Fat boy goes for a walk.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I got some of the clothing recommended here for walking/hiking in hot weather. I got a Magellan fooshing shirt and pants (poly/cotton blend). I already had some socks and Timberland hiking boots which have been good for my feet. I walked about 5.6 miles in town last weekend. It was way hot and I was walking on asphalt. I also have a Maxpedition Condor II with a 3 Liter Camel Back pouch inside. Good thing, I drank all put in.

Today, I went to the Clarks Creek Natural Area in Southwest Mississippi. Very pretty place. Lots of steep hills up and down. Short distances were very tiring since you were going up.. I walked the improved trail and back on the map below:

nsv_ot_clark_creek_map.jpg

Here are the pics from today.

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

Look who's here:
    IMAG0069.jpg

Which Bayou Shooter Member should I name this unusual specimen after?
    IMAG0071.jpg

Tired Fat Boy
    IMAG0068.jpg

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    Very Cool indeed! If you want company, let me know. I assume you are in Baton Rouge (Red Stick) I would love to have a partnership for these types of trips.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    blackboltss and BBQLS1 since I live in Gonzales and you live in Hammond and Baton Rouge why don't we plan a trip? PM me if you want to.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    blackboltss and BBQLS1 since I live in Gonzales and you live in Hammond and Baton Rouge why don't we plan a trip? PM me if you want to.

I'm in Gonzales and been wanting to go see those. Doubt the fam would enjoy it right now. Lemme know when y'all go and if I am off I may join you!

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks I might like to get together sometime, but I'm afraid I might slow you down. I I'm pretty damn big and might need to take a few more breaks. I kinda like the solitude when I'm doing this.

I don't mind meeting up and showing you around and maybe we check things out on our own then meet up and do lunch (I packed a couple of sandwiches). That would be cool. I was hoping to see some wildlife.... I thought I saw a hog and one hoof print in gravel. No deer though. The improved trails are a bit noisy though (gravel). I didn't see acorns on the ground so there may not be much to entice deer in this area.

It's pretty easy to get to and the trails are marked well.

BTW Don't forget bug spray!!!! I forgot mine and now have rings of bug bites around where my socks were. It looks like a rash. :o Spray around your ankles and anywhere else.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Nice to see no trash on the ground.

Those bites you have are probably red bugs. Go get some Sea Breeze astringent and liberally sponge it on the affected areas before they crawl up further. It kills them quick and it smells nice.;)

Top Bottom