Fat City!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    I used to hang in fat city in the early 90's and it has changed dramatically for the worse. Dont know how to be politically correct in my description though. So you either know or you dont.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Yea, it has been on the decline as long as I can remember. That process sped up after Katrina and the laborers moved to town.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Currently there is a fat city revival in process. . . but it's going along pretty slowly. They did just re-pave a lot of the streets in there which helps out a bit in making it look nicer, but it's still overall a dump.

Many of the commercial properties have been dozed, rebuilt, renovated, etc, and it is coming around a tad but you still have the ghetto apartments and rentals all around.

As said above, the imported labor after Katrina transformed it from bad to a lot worse. Also, a lot of the scum from New Orleans was transplanted into fat city and many other Metairie apartments after their projects and such got washed away.

Someone needs to come into town with a big load of cash and buy all those apartments and wipe them off the earth and build, well, anything else but rentals.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I thought it sucked 10 years ago. :o

We used to go down to the Main Event and watch the drunks fight, after that got shut down I haven't had a reason to go back.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Anyone know (remember) Beau Louie's down from Elmwood Plantation appts/Handy City on Veterans? That was one rough place back in 1975... open 24/7/365 and the cops were there EVERY night for one reason or another!

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    I thought it sucked 10 years ago. :o

We used to go down to the Main Event and watch the drunks fight, after that got shut down I haven't had a reason to go back.

I meant to say about 17years ago is when I hung down there. Still in denial about my age.

last stop, dino's, zeppelin's, pat's pub. Now it is mexican grocery stores.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    A friend and I used to sneak into a disco club called Rumors when we were 16 around 1979-80. I was the smart one and suggested when we go, we go before the doorman showed up and then spend some time BS'ng with him so he would remember us and not ask us for ID. It worked very well and we were there every Wednesday I think for bikini contests. We would get there early and since it was the only place we could get in, we were there every week. We became regular faces and was sort of known by all the employees there. They never asked us for an ID. Like I said, I was the smart one and still calculating. I figured that if we sat next to the table where the bikini contest judges were, the girls, some of who were regular contestants would think we were judges and play up to us. Well it worked and we even got to meet and spend some time with a couple of them. That was some of the best times I remember from my youth.

Safari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007
    Anyone know (remember) Beau Louie's down from Elmwood Plantation appts/Handy City on Veterans? That was one rough place back in 1975... open 24/7/365 and the cops were there EVERY night for one reason or another!

I was in there a few times during that time frame, I don't remember it being so rough but I don't remember much from that time frame anyway.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I was in there a few times during that time frame, I don't remember it being so rough but I don't remember much from that time frame anyway.

OK, it was a slight exaggeration but seeing the police there was common enough that it was considered the norm rather than the exception. That is where I witnessed how pathetic a .25 ACP is when a little twerp popped 5 rounds into this gronk's chest at point-blank range. The big guy was wearing a lined denim jacket and a t-shirt and all that .25 did was leave a few small bloody spots on his shirt and REALLY pissed the big guy off. When shot, the big guy exclaimed "You shot me you little B@st@rd!" and proceeded to show him how to eat his own gun. He walked out, the shooter was carried out.

Top Bottom