Father arrested for carrying gun at school

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    That was just stupid. We had a parent teacher conference today. Spec came home, disarmed and we went in.

Now granted he probably could have walked in and out without problems, concealed means concealed and afaik there isn't a superdupersecretsquirrel metal detector around the door. But there are just places you respect and our children's school is one of them.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    SUPER Smart, for him to do.

I wonder whos class he attended hehe,

And then smart to refuse to come out from his residence, like if that would make it any better

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Now granted he probably could have walked in and out without problems, concealed means concealed and afaik there isn't a superdupersecretsquirrel metal detector around the door. But there are just places you respect and our children's school is one of them.

True, however the consequences outweigh the benefits IMO.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    And then smart to refuse to come out from his residence, like if that would make it any better

I've often wondered what goes through the mind of someone who decides they are going to "hole up" in a house and not come out.

You're coming out, one way or another, and you decrease your odds of surviving the incident by about 99%

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I've often thought the same thing about many places CCW isn't allowed. What nobody knows doesn't hurt me, but always in the back of my mind there's that voice that says, "Is it really worth it?"

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Something's wrong with that guy. Why would he openly stuff a gun in his wasteband, curse and shout when being locked out of the school and then refuse to come out of his house when the police show up?

I'm for any gun anywhere. But if it is currently unconstitutionally against the law, all you are asking for is trouble when you stuff a gun in your pants and walk into a school. And when you are dealing with a psychotic macho modern police force, you are asking for trouble when they surround your house with ninjas and you refuse to come out when they call you by phone instead of coming to the door and knocking.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Well situations such as this are the PRIME example of why firearms AREN'T allowed on school property. I mean what other purpose would he have in putting a gun in his waist if it wasn't to threaten
    a teacher or administrator. I'd like to personally kick this guys ass, because its people like him who f*ck things up for everyone, especially LAW ABIDING citizens with a CHP.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Well situations such as this are the PRIME example of why firearms AREN'T allowed on school property. I mean what other purpose would he have in putting a gun in his waist if it wasn't to threaten
    a teacher or administrator. I'd like to personally kick this guys ass, because its people like him who f*ck things up for everyone, especially LAW ABIDING citizens with a CHP.

That's why the principal should have bigger guns. lol.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    a teacher or administrator. .

Why would he carry? Because he might want to protect himself or children because some nut with a gun might walk in and shoot up the NO GUNS ALLOWED sign and from there start taking out students, parents, teachers and staff.

He was foolish to do what he did, and from the way he acted, I'd say something is wrong with him. But carrying a gun per se does not make him a bad person.

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    AKAIK he didn't. But that's irrelevant.

My point was, its jackasses like this that make it impossible for those of us who are LAW ABIDING citizens, who have gone to the trouble, expense and training to get a CHP to carry on school grounds or anywhere firearms are prohibited.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I totally agree with you Doug. I strap on a gun everyday, where ever I go, not just in certain situations. But HIS SOLE INTENT was to stick it in his waistband BEFORE he went into the school, presumably to threaten an administrator or teacher.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    I don't consider myself better or more important than anybody else because I was forced to spend time and money to get a piece of plastic that gives me "permission" to carry gun. I don't think anybody should have to go through anything. I know a few people who don't have CHPs and carry concealed anyway when the going get's tough. I wouldn't do that because I'd rather not take a chance of getting persecuted, but I don't hold it against them for doing what they think is right nor do I think they are doing a diservice to me for trying to protect themselves

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Why would he carry? Because he might want to protect himself or children because some nut with a gun might walk in and shoot up the NO GUNS ALLOWED sign and from there start taking out students, parents, teachers and staff.

He was foolish to do what he did, and from the way he acted, I'd say something is wrong with him. But carrying a gun per se does not make him a bad person.

But that's just it. For many CHP holders, it's carry all day long every day unless you're headed somewhere it's illegal.

This guy armed *before* he walked into the school. Frankly I'd be wary of someone like that too if they drove up to the school parking lot and put a gun in their waistband.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    I totally agree with you Doug. I strap on a gun everyday, where ever I go, not just in certain situations. But HIS SOLE INTENT was to stick it in his waistband BEFORE he went into the school, presumably to threaten an administrator or teacher.

If that was his intent, and from his behavior following that is very possible, then his diservice to us is threatening or attempting to kill people. Not carrying a gun per se. A man carrying a gun per se should not be the issue or even the thought here. We need to keep this in perspective and not fall into the anti-guning leftist thinking that says that people carrying guns are a problem (regardless of whether we think guns are good or bad)

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I totally agree with your above statements HOWEVER, IT APPEARS TO ME FROM THIS STORY that he had NEFARIOUS PURPOSES IN MIND. And THAT is WHAT I have a problem with.

I do not believe the reason he stuck a gun in his waistband prior to going in this school was merely to PROTECT himself.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Alright then. ^ is all I'm saying and all that should be said from an unafraid believer in the Right of Self Defense. The gun is not the problem, the suspicious individual is the problem.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom