Father's Day Gifts???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    My wife gave me an early Father's Day gift. She bought me a pair of Costa sunglasses. I never was one to spend a lot of money on sun glasses but these are really nice. With blue tinted lenses they really make it more comfortable in the sun.
    The best fathers day gift I get every year is having my family. I am blessed with an awesome wife, 3 of the best kids, a great son-in-law, and our first grandchild on the way. I thank God.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I just told her to get something us and our daughter could all enjoy, or frame some pictures for me. There isn't much we can afford that I haven't bought myself, and I'd really just rather have more memories with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    My gift is that I get to spend the day with my father who will be 95 in September. He is one of last of the greatest generation to have lived. He served 2.5-3 years in England as a crew chief in the army air corp during WWII, returned home and was about to ship out to the Pacific when the war ended. He was never one to talk about his experiences during his service. I've asked him to write about his service so all of his grand children will know what sacrifices he and his brothers did for all of us.

Last edited:

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    I got a pretty cool material gift.
    FramedMinnesota20FattyBike_zps96084942.jpg

But the greatest Father's Day gift I've received thus far is that my boy learned to ride his two wheeled bike today.

sparky_benton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    My gift is that I get to spend the day with my father who will be 95 in September. He is one of last of the greatest generation to have lived. He served 2.5-3 years in England as a crew chief in the army air corp during WWII, returned home and was about to ship out to the Pacific when the war ended. He was never one to talk about his experiences during his service. I've asked him to write about his service so all of his grand children will know what sacrifices he and his brothers did for all of us.
    Enjoy your day..

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Gave my parent's money on Mother's/Father's day for them to go to Rome and Italy, my parents get back tomorrow, and I'll have this waiting for my dad when I pick them up from the airport:

Bought a case for my dad, b/c that's his favorite drink, probably drinks a bottle every 1-2 weeks.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I dug through all my external hard drives dating back to middle school and found a bunch of pictures of my dad. I'm sending him an email tomorrow morning with them all in there.

We talk a lot and he's super busy right now so this is my way of telling him and he can open it on his time.

I just think it's funny because he always complains that no one ever takes his picture and that when he dies no one will remember him (his words, not mine). Well, this way I'm going to show him that's not the case, in my giggly favorite daughter kind of way.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Happy Father's day guys!

I got a new RV flag for father's day. My wife gave a copy of our family crest to an artist friend of ours, he had his daughter paint it (thanks Ashley!), and another sew it. It came out great!

Last edited:

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    That's awesome. Tell him thank you for his service. My dad was in ww2 also, and has been gone for 18 years now. Never would talk about what he went through. I understand the trauma they went through, but they were the best generation to learn from, and we're losing them too quickly these days. Hope you have a good day.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Cooking some BBQ pork chops, rib eye steaks, bratwurst and some beef Frank's.

My Dad just enjoys the time hanging out since we don't have much time for it anymore. Good food is a plus too best part it that he doesn't have to cook lol.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Cooking some BBQ pork chops, rib eye steaks, bratwurst and some beef Frank's.

My Dad just enjoys the time hanging out since we don't have much time for it anymore. Good food is a plus too best part it that he doesn't have to cook lol.

Heck yeah man about to go put some beer down and fry some fish for the rest of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    My parents came down, we had dinner at Mike Anderson's and spent today together, so that was good. He also brought me a good bit of beer. I've given myself the gift of procrastinating on yard work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Since I am an eggs and bacon freak, I got a big breakfast cooked for me this morning by my wife and son. After that wee cooked brownies for my dad. Jr only stuck his hand in the batter twice! Haha. We also went to my parents and grilled steaks to celebrate with my brother and wife and their 3 week old daughter. It was a great relaxing day!

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    G 17 lower and SBRed it. ( got it early). Today a threaded lone wolf barrel for it. G17 mags standard and the 33 round and some AK47 mags.

Top Bottom