Favorite Scary Movie?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    In honor of Halloween, just wanted to ask the question, "What is your favorite scary movie?".

I never been genuinely scared during a movie, however the one that unsettled me (and caused me to jump) the most was the first time I saw paranormal activity. Serial killers that can never die and such never got to me. However, as someone who very much believes in demonic activity, that movie played with my mind.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The ORIGINAL "Halloween" scared the crap out of me as a kid....All the other installments of the series were crap after that. The first was the closest thing to something believable (to a twelve year old, anyway :D)......

Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Hard to say...I've been watching horror movies as long as I've been old enough to watch TV (I'm 31) so it takes quite a bit to actually make me jump.

That said, I categorize horror movies into either "scary" or "gory". The most recent gory movie I watched was The Human Centipede 2 the other night. It was very well done on the gore side...it pushed the envelope pretty well. It didn't scare me, but I definitely shouted "Oh ****!!" at least 5 times during the movie. The Paranormal Activity saga (I just watched part 3 the other night) are ok for the scare factor, but mostly because of the supernatural aspect. They aren't gory at all, but they will play with your head which puts them into the "scary" category for me.

Last edited:

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    It depends is we're talking the best scares or the most enjoyable for me. Movies that scare me the most and make me jump are Paranormal Activity and Drag Me to Hell. I enjoy watching zombie movies, though.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Poltergeist.

I don't like overly scary or gory movies. Give me a good family movie, or 1980's action flick. None of that crap compares to the real thing, and reality is far more scary.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Antho88
    Top Bottom