Fed Ex Ninjas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    And how do they manage to break ANY type of packaging, no matter how strong?? Yesterday we received a large box via FedEx that was torn open on both ends and clumsily taped together, but the tape had no effect on closing the mangled box. Thankfully the contents of the box was a super heavy duty hitch receiver, and it was not damaged, but those 'ninjas' can destroy ANY shipped object!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    And how do they manage to break ANY type of packaging, no matter how strong?? Yesterday we received a large box via FedEx that was torn open on both ends and clumsily taped together, but the tape had no effect on closing the mangled box. Thankfully the contents of the box was a super heavy duty hitch receiver, and it was not damaged, but those 'ninjas' can destroy ANY shipped object!

Why do I feel like this might have gotten jumbled around in transport which could have damaged the box.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    How do they manage to get one of those damn
    door tags on without making a sound? :mad:

I HATE FED EX! :p

I have told my vendors to only ship to me via USPS or UPS. Ever tried to have a haz-mat shipment held at one of their locations in Houma? Holy sheep $#!^.......it's like trying to explain quantum physics to a two year old. 8 days later and a 50 mile drive to their distribution center in Kenner (which is not set up to handle public pick-up), the security guard ended up having to spend 45 min to go find my package. My UPS driver and his wife has become friends of ours so that helps, but that company is set up much better to handle items that we work with.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I won't use fedex unless I absolutely have to. I live in a very rural location and they will lie and say I am not home when they are feeling too lazy to drive out here. I finally had enough and decided to start calling and complaining every time they pulled something like that. It takes about 30 minutes on the phone to do it each time and I insisted they give me a ticket number that I can add complaints to. Since then it has gotten a little better, but I still don't use FEDEX unless forced to.

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I won't use fedex unless I absolutely have to. I live in a very rural location and they will lie and say I am not home when they are feeling too lazy to drive out here. I finally had enough and decided to start calling and complaining every time they pulled something like that. It takes about 30 minutes on the phone to do it each time and I insisted they give me a ticket number that I can add complaints to. Since then it has gotten a little better, but I still don't use FEDEX unless forced to.

Fedex uses third party contractors. You can buy a Fedex Route and run it, you basically buy a job. If they don't feel like delivering an area they just click that they person wasn't home. Lots of turnover. The woman on my route is so lazy, every time her son can't work to deliver the packages she marks that nobody was there. We are a BUSINESS open 7 days a week. I have had guns delivered in her personal vehicle after calling and complaining, then I called and complained about my guns delivered in a personal vehicle! WTF is she able to get my packages from the Fedex truck to her car... I never select fedex as an option, but a lot of times vendors use fedex or a transfer will come fedex.

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    I jumped out in front of our FedEx lady once. The day prior she was speeding in our cul-du-sac while kids were everywhere so I chewed her out and filed a complaint but I don't think it did any good. She still goes way too fast. Although we got a new newspaper delivery guy when enough complaints came in.

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Not all divisions of FEDEX are contractors .

BIG difference between FEDEX overnight and FEDEX ground/home delivery.....
    You can tell the difference at a glance by the color of the logo on their vehicle.
    Overnight (what we all know FEDex as) is in RED.
    The ground pkgs,(contractors), has a green logo. (unless something has happened the last few yrs I'm not aware of)
    They are not even located at the same facility/terminals...

The "green logos" transitioned from RPS, Roadway Package System, to fedex ground/home delivery when FEDEX bought them @ 15+ yrs ago. Back then, RPS was @95% business to business, no/little home delivery, the on time-service/customer svc was in line with UPS. Residential delivery is a PIA, and if its ground pkgs, has a very low profit margin.
    I was in Mgmt and sales for RPS back then, I made out like a bandit when I cashed in my Roadway stock after the buy out..

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It's really ironic this came up just now. I ordered something from amazon and apparently they shipped it via fedex and wouldn't leave it on my porch. I left like, 5 notes telling them to just leave it. If they don't, I'm not going to be a happy person.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Another viewpoint, and somewhat related to Fedex Ninjas: An acquaintance, a retired ATF agent, told me one of his jobs was investigating missing firearms that had been "lost" in shipping. He told me that he would never ship USPS or UPS due to his personal experience in investigating losses. According to him, Fedex is marginally better.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Anybody know if ninjas deliver on Saturday? The door sticker I received yesterday at 11:21am when I made a 20 minute run to do and errand says "next business day" and the main office is open on Saturdays. I even looked for that joker on the way out of the neighborhood cuz I knew he was waiting for me to leave...masters of camouflage too I suppose.

Southland Fi

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Morgan City
    Fedex does have different divisions. Fedex express is corporate owned. Fredex ground and home delivery is owner/operator. I guess I'm very fortunate. I've got excellent UPS and fedex drivers. My fedex ground guy actually calls me and lets me know that he has a package for me.

Top Bottom