Federal Bulk .22LR (550 pack)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magus8764

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Where did it go?! The Walmart on Clearview near the Huey P used to stock it, but last time I was there, the entire counter that used to have knives/ammo/etc was gone...Academy doesn't stock the Federal Bulk, and I can't seem to find it online either. The 550 pack is the only non-CCI ammo that my p22 seems to like, and the stuff I'm using now (the xpert stuff which I think is made by Winchester) is causing lots of problems, like failing to eject, chamber, and even fire very regularly. ...Plus the xpert junk is more expensive for less ammo.

Magpie

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Aug 1, 2007
    Gonzales
    Did you ask someone if they had it? I thought they didn't here but found out it was locked up under the register out of sight.

Magus8764

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    I asked the guys at Academy, and they don't carry it, but last time I was at Walmart, the space that DID have the gun/knife/ammo counter was simply not there...just an empty space where the counter used to be. I haven't been over to Walmart since, so maybe they put the counter back within the last week or two, but even before the counter disappeared they had been sold out of the Federal Bulk pack for about 2 weeks. I may stop by there sometime this weekend to check again though.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My P22, and most that have P22's run great on Remington Golden Bullet. I have read that the older P22's were very picky on ammo but the new ones are less finicky.

Screaming Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Heel of the Boot
    I've had ejection problems with the Winchester lead nose in automatic rifles as well as pistols. Plus the gunpowder stinks. (urine maybe lol?) And it's really dirty powder (maybe from the lead heads). Federal and Remington work almost the same and are much more predictable. WalMart's here still have it (like I need more lol)

Magus8764

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Mine functions fairly well with Golden Bullets, but I can't stand that nasty gold glitter crap that it leaves on everything. Stuff gets everywhere in the gun and on my fingers.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    The wal-marts around me recently (within a year) have remodeled the ammo cabinet. So maybe yours is in process. I got worried too when it disappeared for some time.

Magus8764

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Do the Walmarts around you have the 550 Federal bulk? If one does, I'll have to head out there and grab a bunch.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Magus where are you???

Westbank walmart had them 2 days ago.. (Lapalco and Barataria)

I bought a box of it for my 10/22 I bought ammo for my daughter's
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< P22 but I bought the CCI MINI-MAG HP (she shoots them in her cricket to..)

CCI31lg.jpg

Last edited:

Magus8764

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    I'm in Metairie, right by the Rouses on Airline (next to Causeway)...I may swing by that Walmart this weekend. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom