Feedback on the P220R??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolacop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I found a pretty smoking deal on a pile of Sig Sauer P220R's. They come with 3 magazines, night sights and are placed at 98%. They are trade ins from Tallahasee (sp?) Police Department who used them for only two years according to the date code. I dont really need a .45, but always wanted one. I figure some of ya'll have the 220 and can give me some honest feedback if ya'll enjoy it. I heard a few complaints of their reliability and rusting. I figure LSP can chime in since i believe these are still their issued duty weapons. Oh yeah, the price 510.00 flat, t hat's why im so tempted.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    we carried 220's, recently switched to 226DAK's, which I hate the DAK trigger so I bought a glock.

My 220R was a great gun, shot a ton of rounds with no problems in the academy, it is now owned by my girlfriend who loves it. I did catch some light rust on the rear of the slide, she was storing it in a foam case that retained moisture. It's been a little ammo-picky for her, cycles fine on winchester white. I never had problems and think this is due to her grip being a little weak.

for 500 bucks I'd buy one... I paid $760 for mine brand new.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    right now there are people still carrying .45's, mainly reserves or prison deputies who arent issued semi-autos... but allegedly they are supposed to set a date where they wont be allowed on duty anymore. personally I think that is a crock... If you can shoot the scores you should be able to carry the pistol.

They claimed that people weren't shooting the .45 well... and I admit that I had a few issues with the 100lb first pull and 1oz followup pull of the standard sig trigger, but I practiced and overcame and shot expert every time. I suspect it had something to do with the price of .45 compared to 9mm...

oh well, I love my glocks.

Top Bottom