Feeler for a meet in Lafayette.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    If you have a hunting license, that will satisfy the requirement. I have heard that the Fish and Game agents have been enforcing the license requirement, and that tickets are pretty costly. A hunting or fishing tag is cheap insurance, IMHO.

mariner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Lafayette
    If you have a hunting license, that will satisfy the requirement. I have heard that the Fish and Game agents have been enforcing the license requirement, and that tickets are pretty costly. A hunting or fishing tag is cheap insurance, IMHO.

Am I to understand that I need a hunting license to shoot targets at this range?

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    How are the roads gonna be with all this rain & flooding up north? I ask because I've been truck-less for a few years now and I don't want to float away in my little altima. :D

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    How are the roads gonna be with all this rain & flooding up north? I ask because I've been truck-less for a few years now and I don't want to float away in my little altima. :D

You should be good by Saturday. I was at the range Monday and they were regrating the roads. My little Mazda 3 did just fine.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Sherburne isn't in Baton Rouge.... what range will you be at? :confused:

and damn 762, there is a button for multi quote .... :doh:

Sorry. I thought Sherburne was in Red Stick; also forgot about the quote button.

Wait... Do we need the aforementioned hunting license to shoot at Sherburne? I don't exactly have one........

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I might have to work... not my day job, my leather job. Everyone going with me bailed, well it's not their fault, it's wedding stuff that needs to be attended too, but I am going to work sun up til midnight to try to knock out enough orders to go Saturday.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    :wtc:

I have neither the liscence or a means to get the shoot.
    Have fun gentlemen, and we'll do this again next month. Sorry that I can't go. It was going to be great to meet all of you.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Picked up a case of XM855 today. If anyone interested Academy has Wolf at 4.99 a box. I would've bought it for the price but I just hate steel

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    I have neither the liscence or a means to get the shoot.
    Have fun gentlemen, and we'll do this again next month. Sorry that I can't go. It was going to be great to meet all of you.

Didn't you start this?? where do you live? have been a few offers to pick you up...

might as well go out and pop off a few rounds :D

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    I cannot afford the ammo, nor do I have any....
    The idea was to get something started in a monthly or bimonthly basis. Get us all together for a shoot more than once in four years. We had the whole forum meet back in 2008; it would be AWESOME if we could do that again on an annual basis. It's fine if I cannot go. I'll be there for the next one. Even if we can't work up to getting everyone to come, it would be great to have whomever can make the journey to Sherburne.

Can't have your cake and eat it too all the time.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom