Fenix TK12 R5 Tactical Light

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron_c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Monroe, LA
    Hey guys, new to the forum here. I did a review on another site a few weeks back on the Fenix TK12 R5 tactical light, which I'm going to mount on the AR-15 I'm putting together in December. It's a great light, plain and simple- feels solid in your hand, the tailcap switch is great, looks very high quality. It has a strobe mode, and the option of 65 lumen mode or 280 lumen mode. Here is the link to the light and some pictures, and if you have any questions at all, ask!

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=1771

Light in the box:
    photo.jpg

Unboxed:
    photo-1.jpg

TK12 beside Streamlight 4AA:
    photo-3.jpg

TK12 beam vs Streamlight 4AA Beam (TK12 is the brighter one):
    photo-2.jpg

Here's a more "apples to apples" with the Fenix on the right, 65 Lumen mode. It probably looks like both lights are brighter, I guess the camera wasn't compensating so much for the brightness of the Fenix this time. The fenix is still brighter and I still like the color of the light more than my Streamlight (I've never had to change batteries in the Streamlight, though, in over a year and a half which is great).
    photo-6.jpg

And to show the size, here is the Fenix where it will live until it gets mounted to my AR around Christmas, with the Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm.
    photo-5.jpg

Last edited:

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    Hey guys, new to the forum here. I did a review on another site a few weeks back on the Fenix TK12 R5 tactical light, which I'm going to mount on the AR-15 I'm putting together in December. It's a great light, plain and simple- feels solid in your hand, the tailcap switch is great, looks very high quality. It has a strobe mode, and the option of 65 lumen mode or 280 lumen mode. Here is the link to the light and some pictures, and if you have any questions at all, ask!

How is the stobe activated? .....2-clicks, 3-clicks, etc...
    Just curious about enabling strobe function under distress.

What about flashes/sec? Is the strobe for emergencies or does it have the capability to disable?

aaron_c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Monroe, LA

What about flashes/sec? Is the strobe for emergencies or does it have the capability to disable?

If I remember correctly (I don't have the light on me and haven't played much with the strobe function) you twist the light twice (right left, right left) to activate the strobe. If you're in a dark room and you activate the strobe in someone's direction, they won't be able to see a thing- the light is bright enough that if you shine it onto the palm of your hand, you can barely look at the palm of your hand (and it will have you seeing spots after if you do).

aaron_c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Monroe, LA

I just got home and looked at the light, here's how it works. I was wrong the first time.

You click it left-right-left-right to go into strobe mode. Now, when in strobe mode, if the end of the light is turned all the way to the left, it's just in 280 lumen regular mode. Everywhere to the right of that point is strobe mode, so it is VERY easily activated.

You can alternatively have it in the other mode which will be 280 lumen mode when full left, and 65 lumen mode everywhere else.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I have several $200 to $300 and up Surefires and just got a Fenix TK12 and must say it is very very nice for the $. I'd get another before I buy another Surefire for the $ difference.:cool:

Top Bottom