FFL's on the Northshore

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Ive been in some pawn shops that do something similar. They deal in the high margin used guns, and will order anything for their cost plus %15. They also did multi gun transfers for $20.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    It might do just that but you wouldn't lose your backside and everything else it it failed. I am just having fun, not opening shop, but with good advertising and fair prices I think the northshore would benefit from a local shop that would be willing to do business a little different than the traditional gun shop way. I wish I were uber rich then I would buy and sell at cost just to get the guns to the enthusiast(legally) that will keep and defend our way of life. It's all about the thing that most uf us just don't have.... MONEY.

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    I have used Ken's Bayou Archery in Slidell twice this year. These are the only guns I've ever ordered online. Their fee was reasonable ($30) and it was straightforward. The guns came in, I walked in and was out within 15 minutes. The guys seemed nice enough and they were pleasant to my wife and I. This last trip I even bought some ammo, to put a little more cash in their til. I plan to continue to use them in the future. I will note, that they are closed on Mondays, however.

I have bought several guns from F.I.T.S. over the years and like the guys over there, but probably wouldn't do a transfer with them, due to their higher fee. Although, everything I've special ordered through them was fine.

~rc~

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    S&S and Slidell Arms are closed. S&S has closed for good. The store is empty. If someone had a ffl and just did transfers they could do very well on the northshore. I think anything over $25 is just redicilis. If I had one I would do it for almost nothing just to **** thoes thieves off. If the shop prices on guns were more reasonable internet sales would go down.

S&S are still open according to the link below.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?55966-S-amp-s-custom-tactical-has-moved

ETA:I use Northshore Arms in Robert. Josh charges $35 for a transfer.

JR1572

Last edited:

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Northshore FFL in Ponchatoula / Hammond area. Harry Prevost, $20 FFL fee. I have been using his services for three years.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    S&S and Slidell Arms are closed. S&S has closed for good. The store is empty. If someone had a ffl and just did transfers they could do very well on the northshore. I think anything over $25 is just redicilis. If I had one I would do it for almost nothing just to **** thoes thieves off. If the shop prices on guns were more reasonable internet sales would go down.

I dont think S&S has closed for good. I heard they just moved. Where did you hear that they were closed for good?

edit: I just seen the other thread with their new location.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    What do ya think of a ffl transfer business just like some auto title places. 200 sq.ft office, card table, phone and a safe to file the paperwork. Cost plus 10% under $1000, 15% over $1000(on weapons) No stock, just be there for the ups/fed-ex deliveries and transfer on Fri. and Sat. Or even meet customers late evenings. Heck if ya cant beat the internet then get on the same feild as them and try. Just a thought.:):dunno: It could be piggy-backed in an exsisting business in the broom closet. I know it's not that simple but if the Govt. regulates used sales that might be a good thing to already have is a transfer shop already up and going, no sales just transfers.

i thought the ATF stopped issuing FFL licenses for businesses such as these and that you actually had to have a storefront and sell items, unless you happened to be grandfathered in. but i may very well be wrong.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Vern at S&S was doing $20 transfers (15 for premium members) last year. Don't know now. He's only open on Sat mornings. But last I talked to him, he was still receiving transfers.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i thought the ATF stopped issuing FFL licenses for businesses such as these and that you actually had to have a storefront and sell items, unless you happened to be grandfathered in. but i may very well be wrong.
    I believe that to be the case.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I think gun stores need to stop raising FFL transfer fees... and instead use it as an opportunity to make a future sale. Talk to the customer about why he ordered the gun online, and if it's something that FFL carries, ask the customer to next time contact him first to give him a chance...Might be away to get some business! Instead if you charge ridiculous FFL fee's, the guys going to go someplace else and NEVER go to your shop.

It's a great change to really win a new customer over with good customer service... really tired of gun store owners just being jerks. Just my .02

Aaron

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I think gun stores need to stop raising FFL transfer fees... and instead use it as an opportunity to make a future sale. Talk to the customer about why he ordered the gun online, and if it's something that FFL carries, ask the customer to next time contact him first to give him a chance...Might be away to get some business! Instead if you charge ridiculous FFL fee's, the guys going to go someplace else and NEVER go to your shop.

It's a great change to really win a new customer over with good customer service... really tired of gun store owners just being jerks. Just my .02

Aaron

You know Aaron, SOME gun shop owners and salesman seem to have the Car Salesman attitude. That is, when times are good, be a total ass to everybody because if they don't buy it then somebody else will. Then, when things turn south, go back to having good customer service. Well sorry, but be an ass to me once, shame on you. Be an ass to me twice, shame on me. I wont give you a second chance.

There are several small businesses that I have tried to support over the years who no longer get my money. FITS is one of those places. I am very courteous, and expect the same in return. Especially when I am the one handing over my hard earned money for your products.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    My experiences with Ken's Bayou Archery & Guns have been positive...I did go and sit with them to talk about the transactions prior, to get to know them better and find out exacty what was needed on both ends of the transactions. They were helpful for my purchases but they almost put my extra magazines in the trash...

It would be nice to be there when they actually are opening your package!

mb504

Better than Cheese
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    New Orleans
    Wouldn't a local FFL be able to offer some great deals, if they used the intel from where people are buying their guns on-line to get those same deals? In fact, places like CDNN offer better deals to FFL holders, so they could buy 2 (one for you and one for them) and then make more than double the money.

gun4011

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008

S & S has not closed they moved to 742 East I-10 Service Rd Suite E in Slidell. next to Wal Mart

Top Bottom