FGW shop visit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmh

Jan 4, 2009
    Since I shoot for FGW this may seem like a type of paid endorsement but I can assure you it's not. Those of you who know me personally know I mean what I say and say what I mean. I started this thread as a testament to what I saw from first hand experience.

They opened their home to me for a week and I had a GREAT time. The shop is well stocked with parts from pistol to rifle, A to Z, and there is a major investment on tools and machinery. REALLY GOOD MACHINERY. I learned a lot about mill work, frame and slide fitting, small parts, function testing and the like. He has a LOT of inventory on hand and honestly does his very best to keep things rolling in and out as smoothly and quickly as possible. There is even a commercial ammo supply in the works if everything pans out. The only thing he's short on is time because it's a one man gig and for those of you who have ever done machining and detail work along with answering the phone, taking orders, shipping orders, and paying bills will understand what I'm talking about. The attention to detail is there and he knows the wait times are long at the moment, but everything he builds has to be perfect like it's his personal equipment. He's looking for a helper for the packaging, shipping and small work and is trying to streamline his operation as much as possible. If you're on the fence or have something on order be patient, it's worth the wait and unless you've been there you're just guessing as to what happens day by day. I actually got to see it and I can respect it. I would tell you if I didn't.

On the other side Susan (his beter half) is a great cook, Doodlebug is really cool, and their first child is due 7 days from now. My family was asked to join his family in a very special way in regards to the soon to be born Emmy Sue, and I couldn't be more honored. Really good folks building really good guns. What else is there?

Daniel

dmh

Jan 4, 2009
    Not too big on pics, but I do have some of my targets out to 1000yds. Just don't know how to post them. :)

uscbigdawg

One of the lucky few...
    Jul 20, 2011
    Shooters Paradise = Mesa, AZ
    That's seriously sweet Daniel! I've been trying to get down there for over a year and for one reason or another, school gets in the way. I am 99% done after the first of the year with the only reason it's not 100% being if we move to Georgia for school (Savannah; and I'll be there most weekends when not studying).

Rich

dmh

Jan 4, 2009
    Don't worry Rich, I'm trying to go back in October if possible. You can just live vicariously through me. :)
    I even got to shoot at LONG range.

Thanks again Bobby!

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Wish I could have been there too. When in October? I want to go (then we could tease Rich). :p

Last edited:

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    On the "one man shop" issue, I haven't been to Freedom Gunworks but I have seen how much Donnie runs around with Bayou Bullets. They must want to give their customers the best product on the market because I know that Donnie can't be paid enough for the amount of time he puts in the shop. It's got to be the same with Bobby. Ed had his own mechanic business a few years back, he went to work for someone else because the headaches of self employment and trying to keep all the customers happy just wasn't worth it.
    With this being said, I'll anxiously wait in line for my 6" Limited blaster.

Top Bottom