Field Precision Rifle Match 12/8 at Palo Alto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It was pretty awesome to watch. I enjoyed being there and learning how the pit worked, met some nice folks too. I had to head out before the scores were tallied who ended up winning?

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Do y'all still post scores?

+1 Scores please. Had a great time seeing old friends and having some good shooting weather. Tactical723 almost got me in trouble again about the Bam Bam thing, but I caught myself, we all had a good laugh about it though. My 14 yr old son even got in on the shooting, Rick agreed to let him shoot my last string with Mr Danny supervising him. He did great for his first time ever shooting past 100 yds and shooting prone. Sadly the wind picked up as he was shooting and he had to take a crash course in using Kentucky Windage taught by Mr Danny. He still shot great. Thanks to Rick, Mickey, Ted and Mr Danny for all the help and putting on a great match, Mr Lanny gave me alot of good advice again for my reloading so thanks to him also. I can't wait till I get to come back out there again guy's.

Bam Bam

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    @BamBam that was pretty funny, just give it a little tap! :deadhorse:

I was watching your son's shots through mickey's spotting scope, it looked like he did very well.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Field Precision Rifle Match at Palo Alto
    December 8, 2012
    What a huge turnout for the December 2012 FPR match at Palo Alto. 19 shooters showed and posted some impressive scores. We could not have asked for better weather. The temperatures were mild and the winds were variable and switching directions on us.

Ted Torres took home the 1st place win in the FPR bag class with a commanding 583-19X. 2nd and 3rd place were only separated by X count. Dennis Haffner squeezed by for the 2nd place medal with a 578-19X beating out Warren Freeman’s score of 578-16X. Great shooting guys!

We had 3 F Open shooters show to shoot the match as a practice match. Alton Britt, doing some testing and load development, took the 1st place finish out of the group with a 592-23X. Great shooting Sir!

Here are the scores…
    FPR Rear Bag
    Ted Torres 583-19X 1st Place Overall
    Dennis Haffner 578-19X 2nd Place Finish
    Warren Freeman 578-16X
    Bannon Eldridge 574-17X
    Chris Hebert 574-12X
    Chance Ivey 574-10X
    Charles Feltus 573-13X
    Mickey Brinkman 570-13x
    Lanny Russel 569-14X
    Mike Dupis 551-8X
    Jason Pace 533-6X
    Carl Duhon 530-4x
    Josh Stone 519-4X
    Michael Dwyer 512-5X
    Rinnie Williams 498-1X
    Jacob Harper 471-4X

F Open Practice
    Alton Britt 592-30X 1st place
    Jerry Boudreaux 590-23X
    Joe Mistretta 586-18X

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Not too bad for a new stock, shortened barrel, new muzzle brake, and new scope......all screwed on the night before. :)

As always, it was great shooting with you guys and awesome to see some new faces again. Bannon, glad you made it out and got to "cheat" by using flags for a change. lol

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Hey Guys, why was my handicap not figured into final score?? You know, midget shooter, midget barrel length. Rick even asked me if the rest of it fell off. I love a short and fat lead lobber !!

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Here's some random hastily edited iMovie footage of a couple of Mickey's shots I showed to some of my folks so they'd see what it was all about. The part from the pit is a shot from Mr. Lanny I believe. I'll take better footage next time with my GoPro, I only brought my phone this time. At 720p the vapor trail is pretty visible.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom