Film Showings: ASSAULTED: CIVIL RIGHTS UNDER FIRE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhunt3

The LeatherMeister!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Slidell, LA
    Kris Koenig (an Emmy-award winning documentary filmmaker) recently completed a documentary on the 2nd Amendment for National Public Television entitled, "ASSAULTED: CIVIL RIGHTS UNDER FIRE." As part of that film, Gordon Hutchinson was interviewed about his book, The Great New Orleans Gun Grab. Koenig also interviewed several people featured in the book, with those stories having great significance in the final segments of the film.

The film is now being shown around the country, and it is a powerful statement of our rights under the Constitution to keep and bear arms.

There will be two showing of the film: one in Baton Rouge and one in Metairie.

NEITHER SHOWING WILL OCCUR UNLESS 90 TICKETS ARE PRE-SOLD!

If you reserve tickets, your credit card is not charged until enough tickets have been sold to guarantee the screening. You will be notified by email several days before the screening that you may download your tickets.

Baton Rouge: Wednesday, September 11 at the AMC-16 theatre at O'Neal Lane and I-12 at 7:30 PM. Cost: $11.50. To buy tickets, click here

Metairie: Wednesday, September 18 at the AMC Clearview Palace 12 at 7:00 PM. Cost: $10.00. To buy tickets, click here.

We are hoping each and every one of you will come out to see this important film, and support its showing across the country. Please forward this information to your friends and encourage them to attend.

PLEASE, BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Wait a second there, jd! Are you trying to make us believe that a freely elected government actually violated the people's Constitutional Rights somewhere here in the US in the name of law and order?

Preposterous!

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    That video of the old lady being pushed around in her home by authorities looking for guns was an outrageous hoax. A damnable lie.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    You really are an arrogant SOB, aren't you?

I'm clueless, but that seemed like a personal attack.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I have no need to be arrogant.

But i guess I do need to bring myself down to about the 8th grade level so you can understand.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Then why are you? Maybe I should have said smug.

Your words.

I have nothing to prove to any of you.

For years I have posted true facts about a number of issues only to have 'tards with little or no actual knowledge of the subject claim I'm wrong.

So I decided to not waste my breath and be sarcastic.

Now you don't like that either?

You can't have it both ways Chuckles.
    I think I can say what ever I want until I'm banned or someone shuts me up, which ain't happening.
    You are just target du jour because you chose to be.

I never said bad things didn't happen in New Orleans post Katrina.
    I said they were not as rampant as many of you desperately want them to be.

How many pages did the Zimmerman thread go?
    Did you believe the new reports on that were the truth?

Just like the media out right lies and twists things, so do these so-called documentaries.
    They all have an agenda and truth is not it.

But you will believe every single word of this guy's documentary without question.
    You will claim to think for yourself but you don't.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Your words.

I have nothing to prove to any of you.

For years I have posted true facts about a number of issues only to have 'tards with little or no actual knowledge of the subject claim I'm wrong.

So I decided to not waste my breath and be sarcastic.

Now you don't like that either?

You can't have it both ways Chuckles.
    I think I can say what ever I want until I'm banned or someone shuts me up, which ain't happening.
    You are just target du jour because you chose to be.

I never said bad things didn't happen in New Orleans post Katrina.
    I said they were not as rampant as many of you desperately want them to be.

How many pages did the Zimmerman thread go?
    Did you believe the new reports on that were the truth?

Just like the media out right lies and twists things, so do these so-called documentaries.
    They all have an agenda and truth is not it.

But you will believe every single word of this guy's documentary without question.
    You will claim to think for yourself but you don't.

Well, I intend to give this documentary the benefit of the doubt. I was under the impression it was just an anti-gun control film.

With the original intention of empowering a citizenry's ability to defend themselves against a corrupt or tyrannical government, the concept today may seem farfetched or the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster. However, it has happened throughout U.S. history. And long before gun control was positioned as a "common sense measure" to combat violence, it was used as a means to oppress certain minority groups. Presently, the growing trend in gun control favors the wealthy and privileged, who leverage their connections to ensure their Second Amendment rights and safety, while those of lesser means struggle. Informative and emotionally charged, "Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire" is an eye-opening look at the genesis of the Second Amendment to the Constitution, leading the audience to rethink the issues surrounding gun control, and the effect on civil rights and liberty. After all, what you don't know can kill you. Written by Dead Patriot Films
    Dead Patriot Films presents "Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire," a documentary that brings audiences to the center of the controversy over the issue that is dividing our nation - gun control. Narrated by Ice-T, a critically acclaimed rapper and actor, the film takes a critical look at current gun laws and the rising movement to restrict the rights guaranteed by our Second Amendment.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I went to the Lafayette showing a month or so ago. I'd encourage anyone to go see it. They are presenting information, if something doesn't sit well with you research the incident further.
    It only briefly touches on the N.O. Katrina aftermath.

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Is there anything in this documentary that we, who are active on various gun discussion forums or social media sites or who have been NRA members and regularly read the periodicals and publications put out by the various gun rights groups, would not have already seen or probably already have known? I'm sure many of us know much of the history of gun control including the racist reasons behind some of the antigun laws or the attempts by various political factions to disarm us. What I'm really trying to ask is, What does this film talk about that we havn't already been told by groups such as NRA, JPFO or similar groups?
    Serious question. Not meaning to deride or bash the film. Looking for honest answers from someone who has seen this film already. Thanks.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    After settling in to the shock of Ice-T narrating the thing, I'd say its a general gun rights history documentary.
    Certainly not anti-LEOs but does point out instances of abuse of power, cowardness, and turning a blind eye.
    And serves as a reminder to the rights we have had infringed and those who wish to continue to do so.
    But by all means those that have not seen and will not see it please continue to discuss and tell everyone about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guel24
    Top Bottom