FINALLY the refs are back

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    It seems to me that the "Thank GOD the REAL refs are back" reaction is EXACTLY what the league was shooting for in the first place. We're all so appalled at the officiating NOW that we forget that we've been disgusted with the officiating for years. Now that this dispute is resolved we'll ignore the bad officiating by the old officials because... hey... at least they aren't replacements... Screw the NFL

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    True, but I think NFL did not wanna pay these refs the money, but when all the outcry over the last couple of games happened these past few days it gave the refs the upper hand.... I definally say the old refs were horrible... BUT these were just horrible...

gp184

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    That was worst than high school refs.... For some of them to actually been college refs is scary...

Sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard, smashing your cute little kittens.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Why were the original refs taken out in the first place? I don't follow football, but always heard my brother bitching about it...

Same thing as the player strike the other year... They want X amount of $ and NFL wants to pay them Y amount of $.

Funny thing is I was reading an article about some of these refs were fired from that lingerie league for lack of ability to ref well...

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    It's a part time gig for the $100k too. You gotta admit they proved their worth. And as much money as the NFL rakes in (and the player) I think they are entitled to a larger piece of the pie.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Same thing as the player strike the other year... They want X amount of $ and NFL wants to pay them Y amount of $.

Funny thing is I was reading an article about some of these refs were fired from that lingerie league for lack of ability to ref well...

I'd have much rather had some of the players from the lingerie league handling the officiating rather than those clowns. At least there would've been SOME benefit from it....

I guess Monday night really was the straw that broke the camel's back....:rofl:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Why were the original refs taken out in the first place? I don't follow football, but always heard my brother bitching about it...

they went on strike because their 100k+ salary wasnt good enough or they were crying about benefits or some other BS

It's a part time gig for the $100k too. You gotta admit they proved their worth. And as much money as the NFL rakes in (and the player) I think they are entitled to a larger piece of the pie.

The lockout wasn't ONLY about money, it was also about accountability.

The main argument was over pensions! The NFL wanted them to go to 401K pensions, and the Refs wanted the current system of gauranteed pension money.

Gee, sounds alot like government and union employees! Never want to invest ANY skin in the game.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'd have much rather had some of the players from the lingerie league handling the officiating rather than those clowns. At least there would've been SOME benefit from it....

I guess Monday night really was the straw that broke the camel's back....:rofl:

Some of them were from LL. :mamoru:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Hopefully this will shave an hour off the Saints games, nearly 5 hour games are ridiculous. They cut away on TV, you don't really see how out of control the game is unless you are watching the replacement officials panic during the commercial break.

Top Bottom