Fingerprint card denied

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    Well got the letter today stating my fingerprint card was not accepted for Louisiana permit.:mad:
    Knew it would happen. They rejected the first one when I got my Florida permit but accepted the first card when I was checked out for the school system. Go figure.
    Anyhow I work for a living in Covington and cannot drive to Baton Rouge for electronic prints during the weekday. Does anyone know if you can get it done on Saturday?

They said the average wait if I resend a card is 45 days and only 15 if I submit electronicly.

OH I still have my Floridia permit. :)

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I don't believe you can do it on weekends, your best bet would be to call LSP and ask to speak to LT in charge and explain to him your situation he might be able to do it on a Saturday if the mood is right, sometimes if you aproached them at the right time in a polite manner they work with you, if you call and bitch about the fact the card was rejected and that now u have to take off work bla bla bla they will just hang up on u

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Well got the letter today stating my fingerprint card was not accepted for Louisiana permit.:mad:
    Knew it would happen. They rejected the first one when I got my Florida permit but accepted the first card when I was checked out for the school system. Go figure.
    Anyhow I work for a living in Covington and cannot drive to Baton Rouge for electronic prints during the weekday. Does anyone know if you can get it done on Saturday?

They said the average wait if I resend a card is 45 days and only 15 if I submit electronicly.

Florida Non-resident? And you're a Louisiana Resident?

Pretty sure that Florida Non-Resident permits are not valid in Louisiana if you are a LA resident.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Not sure about the north shore, but you can get electronic here:

Jefferson Parish, Sheriff's Office, Eastbank Lock-Up/Jail
    Street: 3300 Metairie Road
    Metairie, la 70001-5212
    Phone: (504) 832-2484

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA

Edit: Seems like I need to do some more research.

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    I don't believe you can do it on weekends, your best bet would be to call LSP and ask to speak to LT in charge and explain to him your situation he might be able to do it on a Saturday if the mood is right, sometimes if you aproached them at the right time in a polite manner they work with you, if you call and bitch about the fact the card was rejected and that now u have to take off work bla bla bla they will just hang up on u

I can pour on the sugar and honey junk. I'll call tomorrow and see what I can do.
    Could not find any hours or info on electronic prints on their web site.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    My moms prints for utah got rejected 4 times so far, at front site she had 3 different people try to get them. When she got home she went to 3 different agencies back home, electronic and ink, none were accepted. She literely has no prints. How would la handle a case like this?

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    Hours are 0800 to 1600, M-F. Bring a money order for ten bucks, made out to the Department of Public Safety.

Forget about the Saturday thing. It ain't happening.

Thanks and just think I was about to give out sugar and honey for nothing! :mamoru:

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    My moms prints for utah got rejected 4 times so far, at front site she had 3 different people try to get them. When she got home she went to 3 different agencies back home, electronic and ink, none were accepted. She literely has no prints. How would la handle a case like this?

Have her use hand lotion twice a day for a week and wear rubber gloves ANYTIME she's doing work with her hands. She'll print fine then. She also needs to do electronic at that point since it may still take a couple of tries on the toughies to get the minimum number of acceptible prints.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    No offense to u lsp but I never said I knew the dude I was trying to give the guy who was in need some ideas, so if u gonna be a **** go find somebody else to do it with.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    If you could take a long lunch, go in late one day, etc, it would be well worth it because after you get your prints scanned at LSP it only takes a few weeks to get the permit.

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    Hours are 0800 to 1600, M-F. Bring a money order for ten bucks, made out to the Department of Public Safety.

Forget about the Saturday thing. It ain't happening.

The only thing I know about Baton Rouge is how to stay away from it.
    Is the LSP office close to I-12 or is it more in the city?

They should get up to date and put fingerprint machines at all LSP sites.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    It's at the old airport in BR. Off Florida Blvd.

They don't need finger print machines at the Troops they book people at the jails.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Troop E has one... Well I say they do. When I explained about needing digital prints, the desk guy said they were able to take prints, but they wouldn't for CHP purposes.

Fact is: How bad do you want it? Might have to take a half day. Or wait another 45.

Last edited:

Waterdog22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Belle Chasse
    I had friend years ago that was an older gentleman that was an engineer and worked with paper drawings for 30+ years and was very hard to fingerprint for a CCP. It took very experienced police officer to finally get it right.

Top Bottom