Fingerprinting in Walker / Denham Springs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    The missus and I need to renew our Florida CWL permits. They do require a new fingerprint card.

Has anybody gotten their fingerprints done by the Walker or Denham Springs PD? Or know for sure whether they do it?

I live in Walker, BTW.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    DSPD does it, call 665 5106 and ask for records, they will tell you the fee, IIRC its 10.00, usually no wait time, as they call a officer in off the road to do it.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    The FFL guy I go to said he had his paper work for his FL permit turned down twice because of bad finger print job, they couldn't read them. Not sure where he went to have it done, but he lives in Denham. Just make sure it's done correctly or it could delay the process.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    The FFL guy I go to said he had his paper work for his FL permit turned down twice because of bad finger print job, they couldn't read them. Not sure where he went to have it done, but he lives in Denham. Just make sure it's done correctly or it could delay the process.
    I read somewhere on BSC that some agency (LSP? LPSO?) uses a scanner, which yields much better results. Anyone have details on that?

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Yeah, I went to LSPO yesterday and had mine done. $10, and it has to be a money order or bank check.
    Even if done with the scanner like they use it can be done where it's not readable. The lady had to do one of my fingers over because it must have slid a tad, I think I moved it. At least she did it over and didn't just let it go like it was. Could have meant having to re do it again months from now, and having to re send and wait...

I believe it was LSPO?? On Independence Blvd. in BTR.

shane225

Praying for change in '12
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Walker, La.
    I live in Walker and had to get the LPSO at the prison to do it. If you are in a hurry dont go there. They are pretty busy and you will definately not be a priority. If you want the best results I suggest going to the State Police where you hand in your application. Since they know what they want it seems they would get it right the first time.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I live in Walker and had to get the LPSO at the prison to do it. If you are in a hurry dont go there. They are pretty busy and you will definately not be a priority. If you want the best results I suggest going to the State Police where you hand in your application. Since they know what they want it seems they would get it right the first time.

Might be funny getting prints done for a FL permit at the LA CHP office. :o

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    If you go to DSPD make sure you tell them you're not the bad guy. My girlfriend had hers done there for the school she was teaching at. She ask the guy to be careful with her hand since she's had 3 operations on it. He didn't seem to care and hurt her hand.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Thanks for all the great info!

I'm thinking that LSP (LA State Police) in BR is my surest bet. Is there a number one must call to make an appointment, etc?

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    No appointment needed. They do it between 8 am and 4 pm (IIRC) but pretty sure. Their # is 225-925-6006. 7919 Independence Blvd.

There was about 6 or 8 people there when I went but they were pretty quick with it.

Oh yeah, 10 bucks per FPing and it has to be a money order or bank check, they don't take cash or personal check, You will be turned away.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Thanks again to everyone for the information provided.

The missus and I just got back from LSP (LA State Police) in BR. Both of us were in and out of there in about 30 minutes.

They filled out the fingerprint card provided by Florida for our Florida CWL renewals, AND at no extra charge, gave us each a 2nd completed fingerprint card which they said we can use whenever we get our LA CHLs!

They were courteous and professional, and I'm glad we used them.

While there, we also picked up our LA CHL packets, and when $$ allow it, will be filling out and submitting them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom