Fingerprints

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I guess I should have listened to my CHP instructor. I sent off my application on 9/2 and was very excited to receive an envelope in the mail the other day from the Concealed Handgun Division.

Well, it turns out the ink fingerprint card I submitted was rejected because of the poor quality. I went to the jail in Thibodaux the next day and forced my cheap ass to pay the $5 to have them electronically taken :mad:

It does make me wonder about the accuracy of the criminals' fingerprints that are taken at that precinct, which I shall not name...

So now I have another month or so to wait. Oh well- lesson learned! :doh:

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    According to the LSP CCW folks 40-45% of fingerprints done both with ink or computer are rejected. Only sure thing is computer prints sent directly to their computer, checked while you wait and OK'd, or prints done at LSP CCW office in BR. They are working on the system to enable all SO's to do the computer prints online.

Dogman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    My fingerprints were rejected the first time when I applied for both my Florida and my Louisiana permits. When I had the FL prints redone (for another fee) at the sheriff's office, the deputy told me about half the time prints get rejected from both FL and LA. I asked her how somebody can get evidence from finger prints if the prints have to be perfect for a gun permit. She just smiled and shook her head. "It's just bureaucracy," she said.

When I had my LA prints redone, I went back to the instructor to have it done for free. He actually made a sloppy mess of them the second time--worse than the first time--and left the date and other information off the card. I submitted it anyway and it was accepted without any problems.

"It's just bureaucracy."

"It's Chinatown."

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Update- permit came in the mail today! So it was originally submitted on 9/2, then re-submitted 10/4, arrived 11/23.

It's about time! :ninja:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Last time they had an Instructors Meeting at LSP, they actually adviced for Instructors to recommend students to send 2 cards instead of just one IF you were sending in the ink ones to double your chances of being passed.

Just a thought.

03GeeTee

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My friend sent in his paperwork and had the prints done at LSP in BR and it's been over 8 weeks and he still hasn't gotten anything yet.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Got mine too, 44 days!

I received my permit today, 11-23-10. It took 44 days from mail off until the permit was received back. I sent two inked cards just in case there might be problems with one.

JamesH

100% Gun Nut
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Heflin, Louisiana
    Sorry to resurrect the old thread, but sit there and have them check the prints while you wait!!! Drove down to the LSP office, to have them scanned on the computer. About 15 minutes later I got a call asking me to come back to re scan one of my fingers. It was only a 4 hour drive down, but it was so worth it to not have to worry about my fingers getting rejected.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Sorry to resurrect the old thread, but sit there and have them check the prints while you wait!!! Drove down to the LSP office, to have them scanned on the computer. About 15 minutes later I got a call asking me to come back to re scan one of my fingers. It was only a 4 hour drive down, but it was so worth it to not have to worry about my fingers getting rejected.

Or you could have just have them done at LSP to begin with if you were going there anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guel24
    Top Bottom