Finished with Bud's Gun Shop

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Rant on:
    Ordered SBR 5/24/14. Bud's cashed bank check 5/27/14. Confirmed that they received SOT by 5/30/14.
    I requested a copy of Form 3 that was submitted by them to ATF to ship gun to my Class 3 dealer (several times over a 2 month period).
    They kept telling me ok but never would.
    Got email from them that Form 3 was submitted to ATF on 8/7/14 to ship gun to my dealer.
    Requested copy of the Form 3 that was submitted. They said again they would email me a copy.
    Finally called back today and wasted an HOUR or more until a supervisor finally called me back with the revelation that that do NOT give out serial numbers of Class 3 guns due to the fear that the Class 3 dealer would pre-submitt the Form 4 to ATF. He also admitted that the delay was due to the fact that they didn't have the gun in their stock (as stated on their site when I ordered) and that it had to be Form 3'd to them from a distributor.
    In the meantime, the manufacturer is giving away a $299 drum mag if you provide serial number, which, of course, they won't give me.
    1. Why not share this with me upfront when I first started asking?
    2. WTH do they care what my dealer does?
    3. They looked at my account info and agreed that I have bought a substantial amount of guns, ammo and accessories from them, but they don't care.
    3a. On a positive note, their CS people are very pleasant as they tell you - nicely - screw you.
    4. I don't care what they do in the future (after my Class 3 gets my gun in hand) - screw 'em.
    Rant off.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Bud's Gun Shop RANT

First put this in "Class III" but now that I'm calm it seems that it would fit better here. Don't know how to move it so reposting here:

Rant on:
    Ordered SBR 5/24/14. Bud's cashed bank check 5/27/14. Confirmed that they received SOT by 5/30/14.
    I requested a copy of Form 3 that was submitted by them to ATF to ship gun to my Class 3 dealer (several times over a 2 month period).
    They kept telling me ok but never would.
    Got email from them that Form 3 was submitted to ATF on 8/7/14 to ship gun to my dealer.
    Requested copy of the Form 3 that was submitted. They said again they would email me a copy.
    Finally called back today and wasted an HOUR or more until a supervisor finally called me back with the revelation that that do NOT give out serial numbers of Class 3 guns due to the fear that the Class 3 dealer would pre-submitt the Form 4 to ATF. He also admitted that the delay was due to the fact that they didn't have the gun in their stock (as stated on their site when I ordered) and that it had to be Form 3'd to them from a distributor.
    In the meantime, the manufacturer is giving away a $299 drum mag if you provide serial number, which, of course, they won't give me.
    1. Why not share this with me upfront when I first started asking?
    2. WTH do they care what my dealer does?
    3. They looked at my account info and agreed that I have bought a substantial amount of guns, ammo and accessories from them, but they don't care.
    3a. On a positive note, their CS people are very pleasant as they tell you - nicely - screw you.
    4. I don't care what they do in the future (after my Class 3 gets my gun in hand) - screw 'em.
    Rant off.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    That sucks.

Why'd you wait so long to call instead of email?

It's a pain to get through to a live person and they do answer emails (although usually with less-than useful information) - And I have learned patience after many NFA orders. I wasn't trying to rush anything along, just wanted a serial number so I (and my Class III dealer) could track the item AND I could have some assurance that the gun actually exists and is in route to my dealer. And also so I could apply for the free $299 drum mag from the manufacturer.
    Lesson learned.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Probably wouldn't of happened if you supported a local gun shop.
    Rant over.

Since you are new at posting here and have no idea who I am, I'll be polite. I support LGS's in a big way and if I can find what I want within several hundred dollars of what I can buy it for online I'll buy local. If you can find a Thompson "Tommy Gun" with a 10.5" barrel anywhere in this state then you are a better shopper than I am and I will henceforth consult you before making such a purchase out of town.
    Best Regards,
    Ed

Last edited:

bsmit35

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    P-ville
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Ed,
    Tommy Guns can be had easily. As a matter of fact you can find them all over the state. And the barrels can be ordered directly from Auto Ordinance ship within a week to any local gun shop.
    http://www.auto-ordnance.com//replacement-barrels-and-sights/thompson-105-finned-barrel.asp
    Then you could do your form at the local dealer.
    But what do I know I'm the "newbie" and your the one crying about it online...

OK, I'll play.
    A barrel is a piece of machined pipe - of course you can get them anywhere and have them shipped directly to you. But how is that supporting a LGS? Your link is to the OUT-OF-STATE manufacturer. And we're still not talking about a firearm, much less a Class III weapon.
    And if you are suggesting that I buy a non NFA gun, buy a new 10.5" barrel and then go through all the NFA paperwork to make it a SBR, and then have the barrel changed out, have the receiver stamped and throw the original barrel away - I choose to simply order the factory SBR.
    I'm still breathlessly awaiting the link / phone number / address to the LGS in my area that has a Thompson SBR in stock.
    BTW, I am supporting a local Class III dealer for the transfer and have supported him - and several others that belong to this forum - in the past and will continue to do so in the future. (I do not mention their names as to not drag them into this discussion without their consent or foreknowledge.)
    And "crying about it online..... "? Really? You've been lurking here since 2009 and you are not familiar with a "rant"?
    Mine is simply a way to inform other forum members of possible customer service issues with a commonly used source of firearms and accessories so that they can possibly avoid some headaches down the line.
    Hopefully someone might be inspired to rant about people ordering off the internet and not using LGS's?

Emperor - I see what you did there, lol.
    Ed

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom