Finnally Got the Upper! All I need now...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    Finnally Got the Upper! All I need now is a rear sight (thinking carry handle until I have money for Eotech and Mags.

Ill post pics soon. :)

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    do you wear any type of corrective lenses, or have any vision problems? If so, make sure you check out the Eotech in person before buying, as the reticle may play tricks on you're eyes.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I agree with these guys, a flip-up buis is way more versatile than a carry handle. I really see no point or advantage to having a carry handle, but to each his own.

Also, I thought I was set on an Eotech until I tried to look through one. :D

I haven't gotten my eyes checked in years, but I do think I remember being told I had an astigmatism, and I've heard other people with the same or other conditions saying that the Eotech reticle was unusable by them. All I saw was some red "fuzz" that SLIGHTLY resembled what the reticle was supposed to look like. So definitely try before you buy! Even the Aimpoints seem to "bloom" or produce sort of a starburst effect for me, but they're still usable and nowhere near as bad as the Eotech (Aimpoints aren't holographic).

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    I wear contacts, so I will check it out first for sure. Thanks for the info. What do you guys think the best rear flip up is (price/quality ratio)

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    Some Pics...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Looks good. Back on the topic of your optic. I had an eotech, and sold it due to astigmatism, seemed I was concentrating on the reticle since it never looked clear to me, but like like a fuzzy "halo" around a dot. I love the trijicon reflex for a couple reasons. It NEVER needs batteries. Aimpoints have a long battery life, but they still need them. The Trijicon automatically adjusts to the lighting conditions with the fiber optics. Go from a cloudy/dark area to a sunny/bright area, no knobs to turn. Only thing is the reflex has a smaller "lens" than the others, but there is a larger one on the market now, IIRC, its an RX30 or something like that.

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Looks good. Back on the topic of your optic. I had an eotech, and sold it due to astigmatism, seemed I was concentrating on the reticle since it never looked clear to me, but like like a fuzzy "halo" around a dot. I love the trijicon reflex for a couple reasons. It NEVER needs batteries. Aimpoints have a long battery life, but they still need them. The Trijicon automatically adjusts to the lighting conditions with the fiber optics. Go from a cloudy/dark area to a sunny/bright area, no knobs to turn. Only thing is the reflex has a smaller "lens" than the others, but there is a larger one on the market now, IIRC, its an RX30 or something like that.

I have astigmatism, but me EOTech hasn't given me problems yet. I will echo the Trijicon sentiment, though. I've owned 3 reflex sights, all are excellent. The 42mm lens is the new one - I'd love to pick it up.

NUMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    To your question of a rear sight, if you want cheap, a Magpul MOE flip-up BUS goes for around $56 and it looks like it would serve the purpose. At the other end of the spectrum, Troy makes a damn nice flip-up iron site for around $140. I've got one on my 556 and love it. I'm building an AR now (CMMG lower too, actually) and I'm having the same rear sight problem myself. I'm trying to keep it cheap, so I'll probably go with the Magpul.

Incidentally, what upper did you get?

Last edited:

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Check the Brownell's flip-up sights....they look pretty nice, and at a good price. I've also been looking at the MI sights.

A note on the Magpul....my dad bought some, in Kenner, for his AR. They are pretty well built for being polymer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom