Firestorm .380 vs Bersa Thunder .380

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aberdog1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Kansas
    I am trying to figure out what the difference is between these to pistols are.
    It kinda looks like comparing the Mossberg 500 to the Maverick 88. They look the same but are slighly different. Does anyone have any suggestions.
    Thanks

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The fact that the colors are reversed in the duo tone model, the back sight is diferent and the rubber finger groove grip.

Also the the trigger guard on one is more square and the other one is rounded OFF.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    The fact that the colors are reversed in the duo tone model, the back sight is diferent and the rubber finger groove grip.

Also the the trigger guard on one is more square and the other one is rounded OFF.

That's it. Nothing else. Except, one says "FireStorm" and the other says "Bersa".

I have a FireStorm, by the way.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I think it's cute that you don't care what people think. You're still going to tell them you like the Firestorm. Kind of like the guy who's picture looks like he joined the village people and loves High Points. Rock ON! Rugged individualist! Tonight we salute you, Mr. Budget Pistol Owner. :)

Just kidding.

dave

Last edited:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I think it's cute that you don't care what people think. You're still going to tell them you like the Firestorm. Kind of like the guy who's picture looks like he joined the village people and loves High Points. Rock ON! Rugged individualist! Tonight we salute you, Mr. Budget Pistol Owner. :)

Just kidding.

dave

Actually, you aren't kidding. I like cheap pistols and I'm proud of it! If someone wants to laugh at me and ridecule me because of that, then that's their issue. But... I'm happy! Now, if I'm ever lucky enough to find work were my handicap doesn't get in the way, yeah, I'm gonna buy an HK, but I'm not gonna brag about it. Its probably gonna sit in the safe where my 19 German P08 Lugers are right now. Yet, by that time, I'm still gonna proudly boast that I carry a FireStorm .380 or a Kel-Tec PF-9, or a SCCY 9mm! And I'm proud of it!

So, you're right on the money, Dave.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    If it goes BANG every time you pull the trigger , then to hell with the gun snobs . To each his own . It would be a boring place if everybody packed the same thing .

Aberdog1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Kansas
    I like the way the Firestorm .380 looks. My 'Bryco 38' is starting to get a few cracks in it and I think it's time to replace it with something a little more dependable. Thanks for all the input.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    For the record I am the one who not only recommended the Firestorm to Dave but also found it for him, IMO it is a step above a KELTEC any day of the week, much better quality, fit and will last a lot longer, less problems when trying to run steel ammo through it and being a DA/SA makes it an even sweeter setup.

I have owned a few Bersas and they have NEVER gave me any problem, one of the best BUDGET pistols in the market, and beats BRYCO, JENNINGS and all the other cheap paper weight stuff by miles.

So if somebody wants to throw trash send it my way.

Nuff said.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The CZ83 rated A+ from Guntests Magazine. They always rate the Bersa very high too. By all reports it's an excellent weapon. Both the CZ82 and 83 were some of the best DA/SA semiautomatics they claim to have ever tested. I don't own one yet. So they seems to be alright. If I loved Bersa I wouldn't look down my nose at those CZ's in my opinion. If were to buy one I'd get 9mm Makarov. But only because already own a Makarov and nothing else in 9mm Kutz, 380 ACP, etc

Dave

Last edited:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    For the record I am the one who not only recommended the Firestorm to Dave but also found it for him, IMO it is a step above a KELTEC any day of the week, much better quality, fit and will last a lot longer, less problems when trying to run steel ammo through it and being a DA/SA makes it an even sweeter setup.

I have owned a few Bersas and they have NEVER gave me any problem, one of the best BUDGET pistols in the market, and beats BRYCO, JENNINGS and all the other cheap paper weight stuff by miles.

So if somebody wants to throw trash send it my way.

Nuff said.

I can never thank him enough for this. Its a damn good gun.

rossdout

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    i have a bersa 380 that has had some problems. The disconnector spring that holds up the trigger bar popped out several times and eventually broke off. This problem is recognizable if your trigger will not function unless the gun is held sideways or upside down. Also if you take off the grip it will be cleary visible. I was able to send the pistol for warranty work and for the cost of shipping got the problem fixed. since then i have a couple hundred trouble free rounds through it. this problem is well documented and happens quite often in the bersa 380. apparently bersa has come out with a new part that fixed the problem. My pistol is about 2 years old. at the time of the breakage i was probably at about 600 rounds. although the defect is pretty pathetic i give bersa kudos for a lifetime warranty on a budget pistol.

http://www.bersa.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-213.html

Last edited:
    Top Bottom