First Aid Kit for the Range?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    The same basic first aid kit you should have in your car or in a campsite. In case of a range accident, there's not much in a first aid kit that will help... you just need a working cell phone to call in the ambulance and a big-ass towel to help staunch the bleeding.

eta: Or, check out Homeslice's post below. :o

Last edited:

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Any suggestions for a good quality first aid kit to bring to the range?

along with the basic stuff 4x4's, gauze, tape and such, some sort of occlusive dressing to seal sucking chest wounds (Saran Wrap, Vaseline gauze in foil pack etc)

Bulky trauma dressing. Nitril gloves, BP cuff, Stethascope. Stuff you should carry with you in your vehicle any way.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    p-17038.jpg
    for pain
    band-aid.jpg
    for little boo boos
    duct-tape.jpg
    for big boo boos.

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    Welcome to BS. I don't know where you go. Honey Island has one at the check in station. I saw a guy oops there Sunday. The Rangemaster fixed him up. Great Range and people!

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Unscented tampons, Quickclot, gauze pads, Israeli bandage, band-aids and neosporin.

:awais:

what he said, in addition to the tampons, you may want to look at the 'pads' (Maxie or any other brand as they are super absorbent and basically a large band aid) You want some type of treatment for a gun shot wound, in that case stop the bleeding and apply pressure (tampon, pad, or dressing) to stop bleeding out then apply pressure and hope the body clots onto the item. But if in the lung case you want an occlusive dressing, a photo ID (of victim) and duct tape will work great for that. All that said, depending on where you are, a fully charged cell phone and enough gas in car to haul but back to medic helps too.

eta: looking at http://www.tacticalresponsegear.com web page to find the 'ready made' kits.... still looking, but find it kinda ... 'gangsta' :mamoru: that the pistol in their logo is canted like that....:rolleyes: looks stupid as all get out unless your reaching around a shield..... They do have some good prices though.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    eta: looking at http://www.tacticalresponsegear.com web page to find the 'ready made' kits.... still looking, but find it kinda ... 'gangsta' :mamoru: that the pistol in their logo is canted like that....:rolleyes: looks stupid as all get out unless your reaching around a shield..... They do have some good prices though.

That's the correct orientation for one-hande firing, as it's your hand's natural pointing position. The gun will come back on target faster. Try it, you'll like it.

I wouldn't bother with "first aid" stuff at the range, but a minimal trauma kit ain't a bad idea. A tourniquet and gauze/compression bandages will stop the bleeding long enough for EMS to arrive. Regardless what the range has on hand, I want those by ME. A shot to the femoral artery can bleed you out in about 90 seconds, I know I wouldn't want to trust a range officer to get me taken care of in that situation.

I have a compact trauma kit on my chest rig that I just pop off and throw in my range bag.

Top Bottom