First Deepwater Drilling Permit Issued

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    From what I understand, this wasn't a new permit and that the permit had actually been applied for before the disaster and was put on hold after the Macondo incident...

Gotta love the title of the article: Obama grants first deepwater drilling permit...:rolleyes:

Frickin' CNN trying to make it sound like he's doing us a favor by allowing ONE previously pending permit to go through....

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I love how nobody ever mentions how old the BP well actually is. It's been redrilled about a dozen times since the early 80's. The incident occured on yet another side-track of the original well.

ANd Noble was a pretty good company to work with, usually all Scottish Co. reps, and the Noble rigs are really nice.

Last edited:

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    too bad they arent handing out permits for shallow water work and repair. my work has 23 jobs contracted, 7 since before the spill. unless there is an actual leak the oil companies cant get the permits to get the work done.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    too bad they arent handing out permits for shallow water work and repair. my work has 23 jobs contracted, 7 since before the spill. unless there is an actual leak the oil companies cant get the permits to get the work done.

37 permits have been issued in the last year

RobFMJ

Texan Transplant
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Houma, LA

As someone who primarily works with decommissioning and salvaging platforms, this :(

Top Bottom