First NFA purchase. Help me please!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueLineIPSC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Slidell
    I have decided i'm going to purchase an AAC SDN-6. I have the rifle and it is already fitted with an AAC brake that will accept the can.

Now here's where i have absolutely no idea what to do.

1. I know i want to use a trust for all of my NFA items, but i don't have one set up yet and i'm not sure where to go to get one. (don't want to use a cookie cutter online service)
    2. I know of a place that sells them, but i'm not sure what i need to do before going into the store to purchase it; as far as forms and whatnot.
    3. How long should i expect all of this to take?

Somebody please walk me through the steps and help me out. Thanks in advance from an NFA newb.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Have a lawyer that's familiar with gun trusts write one up for you, after that, silencershop.com tends to have really good prices. I run an SDN-6 also.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    +1 for SilencerShop. Prices are awesome and process is painless other than the agonizing pain of waiting for your can to be approved. If you do go through SilencerShop make sure you have a computer you can scan in your trust paperwork with it makes it way easier.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If you buy through silencershop, don't forget you'll need a dealer to go through when the transfer is approved, I used Mike at MEJ.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have decided i'm going to purchase an AAC SDN-6. I have the rifle and it is already fitted with an AAC brake that will accept the can.

Now here's where i have absolutely no idea what to do.

1. I know i want to use a trust for all of my NFA items, but i don't have one set up yet and i'm not sure where to go to get one. (don't want to use a cookie cutter online service)
    2. I know of a place that sells them, but i'm not sure what i need to do before going into the store to purchase it; as far as forms and whatnot.
    3. How long should i expect all of this to take?

Somebody please walk me through the steps and help me out. Thanks in advance from an NFA newb.

If you have any questions or need some help feel free to give me a call.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I'm a bit wary of silencershop after my last experience. They borked the form4 and it took an additional month.

I'd highly recommend going to see one of the forum sponsor SOTs. I personally use meplat for everything. Kenny did my trust as well. One stop shopping and a very well informed, pleasant buying experience.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    JCcypress + Interstate Guns = done. Other than a couple phone calls and emails with these folks you'll have to get your trust notarized and pick up your suppressor. You never really have to leave the house. Easy peasy! At least that's been my experience so far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom