First time carry tonight!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    :)I busted the nut on my first carry tonight. Went to Borders and to Big Lots and all went well. I was not as nervous as I thought. I did keep an elbow on it when I squatted or bent over to look at things. I kept waiting for it to fall out on the floor in front of all the shoppers!:eek3:

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HooRah on your CCW

Practice makes perfect, that's what They say..:p

anyway, here is an older NYC training poster that kinda tries to show ya' right way to detect CCW.

carrydetect.jpg

Stay Dangerous

TK

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    I had a girl spot a bulge on the side of my windbreaker one day and instantly she ask "Alright, what are you packing" (in a humorous but serious tone). I played dumb. "packing?" I said. She made a jesture like pulling a gun out of a shoulder holster. I laughed and said it was just my cell phone in my unside coat pocket.

It wasn't actually a gun...it was two speedloaders in a pouch on the other side of my shoulder holster

She found out later that I carried when some of us later went to the gun range. She and one or two others were planning on getting CHLs.

The only time that somebody found out that I carried was when I was in an insurance office signing up for life insurance.
    The agent said I would have to have blood test and blood pressure check. I expected to have to go to the doctor and get a report. Well....a nurse walks right into the office and said they would do it right there. I was told to take my coat off. I tried to make an excuse to go to the bathroom (so I could put my Detective Special and the crossdraw holster it was in in my coat pocket) but was stopped and told that it could wait or something. Everybody else stepped out so the nurse could have me take my coat off and roll up my sleeve.
    "Go ahead and take it off." he said after everyone stepped out.
    I was frozen. Took a deep breath. "Okay, before I do that, let me show you this." I took out my wallet and CHL and showed it to him calmly telling him that I was wearing it under my coat. Slowly took my coat off and showed him telling him that it was perfectly legal and asked that we keep it to ourselves. "Sure no problem."
    I was sweating nervous the whole time. Felt like I was naked in a public place. My blood pressure was high of course. The nurse tried to get me to calm down saying that he was from Lebannon or Israel and he saw stuff like my little gun and a lot more on people all the time. He had to drop by my house the next day and retake it.

BUT, usually I forget I even have it on...and have even almost walked into courthouses with it on and had to turn and go back to the car.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The agent said I would have to have blood test and blood pressure check. I expected to have to go to the doctor and get a report. Well....a nurse walks right into the office and said they would do it right there. I was told to take my coat off. I tried to make an excuse to go to the bathroom (so I could put my Detective Special and the crossdraw holster it was in in my coat pocket) but was stopped and told that it could wait or something. Everybody else stepped out so the nurse could have me take my coat off and roll up my sleeve.
    "Go ahead and take it off." he said after everyone stepped out.
    I was frozen. Took a deep breath. "Okay, before I do that, let me show you this." I took out my wallet and CHL and showed it to him calmly telling him that I was wearing it under my coat. Slowly took my coat off and showed him telling him that it was perfectly legal and asked that we keep it to ourselves. "Sure no problem."
    I was sweating nervous the whole time. Felt like I was naked in a public place. My blood pressure was high of course. The nurse tried to get me to calm down saying that he was from Lebannon or Israel and he saw stuff like my little gun and a lot more on people all the time. He had to drop by my house the next day and retake it.

Wow bro, seriously? Have you ever attended any handgun training?

Being nervous isn't necessarily bad, it usually heightens your senses, but in a situation like this I think you should have been a little more relaxed brother man. :)

t-train

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    No need to start a new thread...

Submitted CHP packet on February 5
    Ordered RM Low Rider February 9
    CHP issued February 23
    Holster ready March 7

First time carry tonight! Off to walmart.... :bravo:

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    No need to start a new thread...

Submitted CHP packet on February 5
    Ordered RM Low Rider February 9
    CHP issued February 23
    Holster ready March 7

First time carry tonight! Off to walmart.... :bravo:

Congrats - thats where I went. Interesting that turnaround time is now 18 days.

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What's up with the Wal-Mart for first time carrying?

I've been carrying concealed since I was 19 years old. I've never been made. ;)

Guns I've carried, Taurus 85, S&W 442, Kahr MK9, Kahr PM9, and Ruger LCP.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom