First time hunting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buck8Point

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Plaquemine, LA
    Be Patient...
    Its the Rut right now depending what area your hunting.
    You may not wanna shoot the first thing you see.
    Use a good Cover Scent, and specially at this time of the year a good Doe Estrus scent will bring the big boys in close.
    Again... Good LUCK.

Buck8Point

MrsBuck8Point

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Have you checked into Alabama Non Resident Hunting License Fee for Louisiana Residents? I have heard that they are NOT Cheap due to some reciprocal fees charged in Louisiana.

graymo2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    New Orleans/ Baton Rouge
    I called the Alabama Department of Conservation, and they said I could get everything from walmart. I think the fee is $125 for a 3 day non-resident. I guess I'll find out about any reciprocal fees when I get there.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    $125 is all you will have to pay for the 3-day pass. I hunt there every year with some friends. You are going at the right time of the year.

Good Luck.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    After a few hours in the woods those damn trees and leaves are going to start playing tricks on you. Is that a deer, kinda looks like a hoof and maybe a leg.........?

DONT SHOOT ANYTHING UNLESS YOU ARE 110% SURE OF YOUR TARGET.

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    Look for the $1.97 hand and foot warmer heater packs at Walmart. Buy double what you think you might need. Eleminate all human odor, food, tobacco, regular deoderant, soap smell, ect... ANY smells. You may not have a perfect downwind stand. If you don't stink, there is less chance you will get busted by deer. Sit still. Keep the gun in your lap, not propped in the corner of the stand. No noise, no movement, and no smell.

Begginers luck may smile upon you. Keep calm, make sure of your target, and concentrate on the trigger squeeze and follow through.

Aim so that your bullet exits the middle of the OFF SIDE shoulder if boadside or quartering. Use enough gun. If you shoot one, make yourself wait at least 20 minutes before going to look.

Shoot straight, be safe and good luck.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    If it will be cold in Alabama, wear boots to get to the stand and when you get to the stand either have some shoes or some camo slippers to keep your feet warm!! That is the only thing I have found that works good to keep your feet warm. Ohh and only wear one pair of socks so your feet don't sweat while you are walking to the stand. Good luck and come back with a nice rack and some meat.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Coat your whole body down with Doe urine. That way the deer won't be able to scent your human odor.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom