First try at paracord!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    The GF decided that she wanted to try and make stuff out of paracord so I got her a book on how to make stuff and some OD green and black 550 paracord and this was our first attempt
    004-12.jpg

003-13.jpg

Any market for this type of stuff? We are going to try and do slings, belts, key chain, bracelets, lanyards ect... Might be something fun for us to do in our down time and make a few bucks on the side.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    I love knot-tying and teach a lot of practical and decorative knots to the Scouts. I've been getting into tying wraps/grips (mostly Turk's Head & St. Mary's Hitch) on hiking sticks lately. I ordered a variety of colors and have sold a crap-load of LSU and Saints keychain lanyards:

Knot_Snake_BIG_4586.jpg

Knot-Snake-LSU-4573.jpg

Knot-Snake-Saints-4574.jpg

These are pics of the Snake Knot with a Lanyard Knot at the end. They are my favorite, as I think they look much better than the other techniques. Here are some links that will help you out:

Supply Captain for paracord

Here are a few tutorials:
    Snake Knot
    Cobra Stitch
    Square Stitch
    Circle Stitch
    Diamond Braid
    Spiral Braid
    Turk's Head Knot
    Monkey's Fist
    Lanyard Knot
    Hangman's Knot (has practical use as a means to attach monkey's fist lanyard to a knife, for example)

Also check out Stormdrane's Blog for some awesome ideas and links to other tutorials.

Thebanker

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Baton Rouge/Denham
    here is my attempt at tying a few paracord bracelets, i decide to mess with them because my kids wanted me to pay $10+ for a bracelet and i could buy the 100' hanks for 8 dollars.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics
    paracord.jpg

monkey fist

monkeyfist.jpg

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I love knot-tying and teach a lot of practical and decorative knots to the Scouts. I've been getting into tying wraps/grips (mostly Turk's Head & St. Mary's Hitch) on hiking sticks lately. I ordered a variety of colors and have sold a crap-load of LSU and Saints keychain lanyards:

Knot_Snake_BIG_4586.jpg

Knot-Snake-LSU-4573.jpg

Knot-Snake-Saints-4574.jpg

These are pics of the Snake Knot with a Lanyard Knot at the end. They are my favorite, as I think they look much better than the other techniques. Here are some links that will help you out:

Supply Captain for paracord

Here are a few tutorials:
    Snake Knot
    Cobra Stitch
    Square Stitch
    Circle Stitch
    Diamond Braid
    Spiral Braid
    Turk's Head Knot
    Monkey's Fist
    Lanyard Knot
    Hangman's Knot (has practical use as a means to attach monkey's fist lanyard to a knife, for example)

Also check out Stormdrane's Blog for some awesome ideas and links to other tutorials.

Nice work! we are going to get more colors soon. Thanks for the sites that helps out a lot

Top Bottom